"He bumped into me and didn't apologize." he said. "Didn't your small ass town teach you kids about manners?

"And didn't the city teach you city boys about it isn't nice to throw kids against lockers?" she asked.

"And how do you know I'm from the city, huh, Sunshine? Stalking me now?" he asked.

"No, people talk. And you talk like you might have spent some time of your life in Boston." she said. "I also heard that you been kicked out of school at least four other times."

He paused from packing his stuff to look at her, "And do you believe it?"

She shrugged, "I don't listen much to what people say, so I ask the people who they talk about. Is it true?"

He grabbed his jacket and closed his locker, "No, it was three," he said before walking down the hallway to leave.

Lena stood there for a moment, knowing she was going to have to change his behavior. She's a peaceful person and she doesn't want her mate to be a rebellious jerk. She knows she's going to have to find the source of the pain and help heal him. She already know his mother is gone, but what about his father? How he grew up? She has to help him.

He's just sitting in the dark. She can bring him out of it, but first she had to start nudging him out.

She got up from the locker and jogged up to his side. She already had her stuff. She had gotten it before she went to go see her coach about skipping practice today so she could hang out with Darien. He didn't like it, but she convinced him.

"So there's a pizza shop three blocks away that has some pretty good homemade pizza. They have other things if you want also like fries or cheesesteaks. I'm sure you love those since you are from Boston," she chuckled.

He looked down at her confused, "What are you talking about? I'm going home, Sunshine. I have a thirty minute walk to get to my apartment, so leave me alone."

She frowned, "But I thought we agreed earlier to hang out."

"No, you agreed for me just to get that jock ass G strap prick off your back." he said. "I'm tired as heck, so I'm going home."

She put her hand on his shoulder and stopped him. She pouted and made her eyes big, "But I skipped practice today to hang out with you. Please Darien."

He gave her an uncomfortable look, "Please don't give me that look."

She wanted to grin, this always worked on her dad and brothers. She dropped her hand and her head, sniffling a few times.

After a moment, he groaned, "Fine, just stop doing that," he said, grabbing her arm to get them to start walking again. She couldn't help but grin a little. Boys have their way of getting what they want and so do girls. Guys seduce and girls make guys feel guilty to get what they want.