Animagus

(Short, but its better than nothing.)

If you told me I'd be flying away from Azkaban 24 years ago, I'd laugh in your face, and probably curse you to hell and back. Well, lo and behold, that was my current situation! I was flying, soaring, screeching, acting as any other bird would, trying to blend in as I flew. I'd just escaped the prison, and I was intent on getting as far away as possible. Maybe I'd go pay Nurmengard a visit. Grindelwald was probably still there. Last I'd heard, he was fine with staying. It didn't surprise me, I knew he regretted the past.

A few days later, I finally reached my destination. A small, barred window. I squeezed through the gap, congratulating my past self on choice. I was an animagus, and my animal form was a robin. Small, unnoticeable. Perfect. Grindelwald looked up, and tilted his head. His previously blonde hair was now almost completely gone, his breath was shallow, and he was...frail. A word I never though I'd use to describe him.

"Gellert...I'm sorry." I sighed, a while later. I was sat next to him. He looked at me, both blue and brown eyes looking me in my similar eyes. I'd inherited that. "Hey, Ruby, it's okay." He mumbled. "You couldn't do anything. You were only young back then." He explained. "Dad, that doesn't make it any better!" I exclaimed. He smiled.
He smiled? My, my, Ruby, he's gone insane.
No he hasn't, shut up.
Rude. Well, face the truth.
I already have.
Did you admit you're insane?
No.
Admit it.
Go away.
I'll be back.
I sighed.

I needed to let go. He wasn't alive anymore. And...neither would I be, not any longer. I was done with life. It was my time to go.
Hey, I'm insane, right?
Yes. You are.
Good. Good to know.
I drew my last breath.
You weren't so bad.
Neither were you, Ruby. You were just in denial.
Goodbye.
And I died.