Ch. 17: The Resolution

Your POV

"I'LL BLAST YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME YOU LIL' PINK-HAIRED PSYCHO!"
Katsuki's yelling was giving me a headache and providing Myoung with a source of entertainment. She lay on a thick tree branch laughing and kicking her legs in the air... now was my chance.

"STOP YELLING KING CRAPSUKI!" I yelled, increasing my volume with the assistance of my quirk, triggering a series of insults from Katsuki.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME, STEREOHEAD?!" Katsuki continued to sling insults at me, causing Myoung to tear up she was laughing so hard. I had known Myoung long enough to know she was a quick-thinker. In the blink of an eye she could catch you and tie you up... maybe she really had two quirks. Myoung was easily distracted by comedy, though— which would be advantageous with an aggressive, blasty boy riding a dragon with a sarcastic princess.

I quickly manipulated her vision of the surroundings, recalling every memory I had of her— Every. Single. One. I felt a tremble inside of me, knowing it was an overpowering mirage threatening to take over, but I didn't allow it... I had too much on the line. I recalled that she quite enjoyed dark spaces and hated my sister, Milaina. I quickly increased the amount of light going into her eyes, and I saw her begin to squint and shift around uneasily. It would only be a matter of seconds before she was distracted from her distraction by my plan in action.

I created a light clone of myself that everyone could see, seeing as Katsuki and Kirishima weren't in on my plan. Making myself invisible, a part of my quirk I had recently discovered when Rory was threatening to throw me out a window one day, I slid down the tail of Kirishima... Worst. Idea. Ever. Sure being invisible is great and all, but I would frequently forget that invisibility didn't mean I didn't have a physical form. Kirishima felt something traveling down his tail and began flicking it right and left. I held on with all my might, only causing Kirishima to shake his tail more. This caught Myoung's attention and she recognized that the distracted Kirishima was the perfect victim.

I soon found myself flying up in the air and then plummeting towards the unforgiving earth below me, still invisible and unnoticed by the ignorant porcupine. A loud thud was heard and my light clone disappeared, revealing a disheveled me on the ground.

"Oi, Flashlight! What are you doing in the ground?! The whole purpose of having a dragon is to stay in the air, idiot!" I growled at Katsuki's tone and realized there was a greater problem at hand. Myoung was smiling deviously at an entranced Kirishima... this wasn't going to be pretty.

"Katsuki! You need to—"

"Oh shut up, Priiiiiiiincesssssss," Myoung drew out my title, making me cringe and tense up. "No one wants to listen to your lies." With those taunting words, Kirishima's scales turned rock hard and he came barreling towards me. I sat paralyzed in fear, while Katsuki continued to scream at his uncontrollable dragon. It was not until Katsuki's ear-piercing voice began to annoy me that I was inspired to do the same. I built up the powerful voice my mother trained me to have and let out a glass-shattering shriek at the poor dragon child. Myoung was stunned and fell to the ground, while Kirishima retreated back and fell a few meters away from me. That was a close one!

Rory's POV

"Did you hear that?" I turned to the greenette and duel-haired boy, blocking my ears with my fingers.

"HEAR WHAT?!" Shouto yelled, leaving both Prince Midoriya and I with ears ringing worse than before.

"Prince Todoroki, please don't yell we're right-"