"Oh, just you watch."

"You open that airlock, it's suicide. This close to the sun, the shields will barely protect you."

"If I can boost the magnetic lock on the ship's exterior, it should remagnetise the pod. Now, while I'm out there, you have got to get the rest of those doors open. We need those auxiliary engines." The Doctor explains quickly.

"Doctor, will you listen! They're too far away. It's too late." Scannell tries to stop him,

"I'm not going to lose her." The Doctor puts on the helmet and goes into the airlock.

'Decompression initiated. Impact in twelve fifty five.'

(Escape Pod)

'Hello.'

"It's me again. Sorry about earlier."

'Is everything all right?' My mum asked

"Yeah. Of course." I lied to her,

'Marcie?'

"Mum, I. you know I love you, don't you?"

'Of course I do. What's bought this on?'

"I never say it. I never get the time. I never think of it, and then- I really love you. Tell Jonah, Leo and Jake that I love them." I say a little sadly trying not to let anything on.

'Marcie, what's wrong?' My mum asked

"Nothing. I promise."

'Where are you?'

"Just out."

'With anyone nice?'

"Some mates." I say as I look over at Riley and smile a little which he returns.

'What mates?' My mum asks me,

"Mum, can we not just talk?" I sighed a little.

'Of course. What do you want to talk about?'

"I don't know. Anything! What you had for breakfast. What you watched on telly last night. How much you're going to kill Jonah next time you see him. Just anything."

'Is the Doctor with you? Is he there, now?'

"Mum, just leave it." I sigh again.

'It's a simple enough question.'

"I'd better go." I sniffle a little bit,

'Er, no, Marcie, wait.'

"See you, Mum." I say quietly as I end the call, then I and Riley hug each other, whilst I cried on his shoulder.

(Airlock)

'Impact in eleven fifteen. Heat shield failing. At ten percent.'
The Doctor opens the outer airlock door and the unfiltered sunlight streams in. Gritting his teeth, he climbs outside and reaches for a row of four buttons on the ship's hull. He has to hold on to the edge of the airlock because there is no safety line.

"Come on!" He presses two buttons then stretches for the box just beyond them.

'Doctor, how're you doing?' Scannell asks

"I can't, I can't reach! I don't know how much longer I can last."

'Come on. Don't give up now.' The Doctor rips off the cover of the box, and with a big shout pulls the lever down.

(Escape pod)

There is a big jolt. The computer screen says remagnetising.
"We're being pulled back!" Riley smiles.