Martha arrived looking tired and restless.

“Ohh, It’s nice to have an Alpha around. I smelled the freshly baked bread from outside and you know our customers, they always wanted a freshly baked loaf.” Harry smiled at Martha’s comments. Baking for him is like a form of stress reliever and being paid to do this is a plus for Harry.

“I’m old and I can’t do everything by myself. Maybe this is not the right time, but I want to ask you something.” - Harry stares at her.

“I want you to be part owner of this bakery - I know it’s a small business but I know you could do wonders. I’m an old beta with no kids or spouse and I want to retire soon, and I just love this bakery so much- but I needed you here full time! What do you think?” Harry gasped for air. He couldn't believe what he just heard.

“Martha, I love to do this for you and you know I’m nearly done with Uni and I needed money for start-up capital, but since you’re offering and we have this bakery already, I’ll just do what I can to make it grow.” Harry gushed. “I’ll give my resignation letter to McDonald’s later but it will take time to find a replacement for me. Martha, you made me so happy right now. Thank you!” he said, holding Martha’s hand.

“You deserved it, You are the most hard-working young Alpha I’ve met and I know your Omega will just be so lucky to have you. So, carry on then and make more wonderful bread!” Martha slogged out of the bakery to fix the chairs and put the ‘Open’ sign on the door.

Harry smiled, thinking how proud his Omega would be of his achievement, and suddenly his mark aches began escalating. He held his mark tightly, pressing it gently, and whispered a soft chant.

“My Omega, My Omega, My Omega! I know you’re close! We will meet soon. Wait for your alpha!”

Then the pain disappeared. Relieved, he tried to work as fast as he can lest the pain might come back. And when he was done, he bid his farewell to Martha, promising again to be back the following day for his cupcakes and doughnuts baking schedule.

He smiled to himself. “What a stroke of good luck! Soon I’ll be here full time!”.

***********

“Good Morning Sir, Welcome to McDonald's! Can I take  your order, sir?” Harry greeted the customer with full smiles and dimples popping out.

“Okay, Sir, A cheeseburger meal and a large Coke.”

“Anything to add, Sir?

“How about a piece of apple pie?”

“That’s £1. Thank you and enjoy your meal.” His shift ends twenty minutes from now, and that’s when he’ll give his resignation letter to his manager. Working part-time at McDonald’s for six months now, he usually gets the morning shift, because he’s attending a class at Uni in the afternoon.

Harry looking at the clock nearby the cash register

“Ten more minutes.” He said to himself.

Ten minutes more and he’ll end his shift, he removed his nameplate and slid it into his pocket, starting to untie his apron and about to call Perrie to change post, then a group of guys wearing soccer uniforms enters the store, they are all laughing loudly and a beautiful laughed and scent captures Harry’s attention a smell of strawberry and sweet vanilla directly hit his nostrils.

“That’s the scent that I can’t forget.” Harry talking to himself.

The Omega had all his attention now, and the noises that had surrounded him were suddenly tuned out and replaced by music in his ears. Staring at the beautiful blue-eyed Omega boy still laughing loudly, Harry froze as he came rushing up to the counter to place his order. Harry threw his apron back on and greeted the customer. Perrie, now walking toward the counter, gave a tiny smirk, as she noticed how enthusiastic Harry was to take the order.