Chapter 5: Time will Tell

I didn't know how to feel. This was the second time where all the emotions were just boiling inside of me. Fear, excitement, happiness, sadness. It was confusing. I didn't know how this would turn up, but it was worth a shot. 

I was always told that you never know until you take the chance itself. And now was the time to take the chance. I press my finger harder on the area where the time is displayed on my phone. The time just changed to 5:30.

"Cinq heures et demie, Gabriella Briseño," I say in one quick breath. French is the only language in which I'm fluent enough to survive. Suddenly, I feel like I'm being electrocuted for a split second. 

Everything around me starts to spin slowly, and then it turns too fast, like I'm being spun in a chair. Then, I feel like I'm being thrust forward, and then it turns into pitch darkness for a split second.

I feel like I'm in the night sky, with ropes holding me so I don't fall to my death. It's like a puppet. Then, I feel like a hole has been opened up beneath my feet. Then, the imaginary ropes are cut, and I'm falling, probably to my certain death. 

Then, I land on something soft and sturdy again. It probably broke my fall. This time, I think I know where I fall. I get up, and I'm on top of the hill again. The same hill where I found Gabriella's pendant. I look at my hand, and the pendant is still tightly wrapped around me. A wave of relief floods through me. I thought I lost it while transporting here.

I look around me, and in the Levande flower field, I can see a few people huddled together in the flowers. "Hey, guys!" I call out. Everyone turns around and they look at me. They all have the look on their faces that says, "who the hell is this girl?" There's only one person I can truly recognize. Roy is in the group of people.

"Roy! It's me, Shree!" I call out. Everyone's faces turn from confused to excited. "SHREE!!" almost everyone screams out. They all start running towards me, and all the girls come in and hug me. Lena, Selah, and Tulip all come in and hug me so hard that my ribs could have been crushed.

"Shree! We finally get to meet you! Oh my gosh, you're even more pretty in real life!" Selah says. I smile. "Oh come on Selah. You're gorgeous!" I say. They all smile knowing that they finally know what I look like. Edan, Roy, Isaias, and Benji are all in the distance, looking a little bit shy.

I walk over to all of them and I give them a bro hug. I learned it from my brother since I was raised around boys for my whole life. It feels good to all see them in person. "Shree, it's so good to see you," Lena says. I smile. 

"It's good to see you too, Lena. It's good to see all of you guys," I say happily. Everyone smiles at me. 

"Shree, you're really pretty. I've never been this hard ever in my life," Roy says, and he smirks. I frown at Roy. "You better be lucky that I'm in a good mood. Otherwise, you would've been saying that about the punches I make to your face," I say, balling my hand up into a fist.

Everyone laughs, and Roy just shakes his head. "Enough of that. I think it's time that we bring Gabriella back, right?" I ask. Everyone cheers. "Let's do it!" I say, and I bend down and I pick up a beautiful flower from the field. I'm going to need it. Suddenly, the thought hits me. I didn't bring a bowl to mix the concoction in. I'm dead meat.

"Um guys?" I ask. They all look up. "What's wrong?" Edan asks. "I didn't bring a bowl to mix the concoction in, so we're kind of dead meat," I say. "That's ok, Shree! We actually have a few bowls," Benji says. I'm kind of in shock. Why on Earth do they have bowls laying around?