Chapter 1

Ashley sat at her window, looking outside. It was raining, and it was foggy as well. She didn't feel like doing anything. She just sat at her window, remembering how it was being a dragon, how she would be with her brother and best friend, Inferno and Kaitlin. Now she had to stay with this human family. "Ashley! Come down here right now!" That was Martha, her fake mom. "What now?" Ashley reluctantly went downstairs. "Why did you burn this door handle off?" Earlier that afternoon the door handle didn't work, so Ashley decided to burn it off, because it was malfunctioning. Apparently it did work and she burnt it off because she hated Martha. "Heh... because it reminds me of my brother." "You mean Tom?" "No. He's an idiot. I mean Inferno." Martha looked sternly at Ashley. Ashley knew perfectly well that she was getting grounded for what she said, and for burning the door handle off.  "Ashley, you are getting grounded for calling your brother an idiot, for burning the door handle off and for bringing up Inferno. Go to your room, NOW!" Ashley smirked. She knew that Martha wanted to have Ashley forget that she was a dragon. Martha wanted Ashley to be normal, like everyone else. Ashley didn't want to be like everyone else. She wanted to be different. As she was going to her room, she heard someone say: "I'm home." It was, of course, her stepfather. "Ugh... welcome home, dad." Ashley sighed. " Happy to see you", she said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. "Have some respect! He's your father!" Ashley turned around sharply, almost falling sown the stairs. "HE IS NOT MY FATHER!!", she screamed, as she ran to her room,slamming the door shut behind her. " Inferno...", Ashley whispered, "...come back."