Chapter 9: Lunch Is Interrupted

Start from the beginning

'What am I supposed to do if I get pulled over?' I mentioned worriedly. 'I don't have a license to give to the officer.'

'Just don't get pulled over.' She laughed.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed an apple before heading out the door. 'Thanks for the advice genius.'

'Glad I could help.'

I unlocked the jeep and jumped into the driver's seat.

"Let's put on some tunes." I said to myself as I flipped through the radio.

I smiled as I found the rock station and cranked the volume.

With the windows down, I headed to the city.

The drive seemed to be pretty short even though it was two hours away. My jam session probably made it seem a lot shorter than it actually was.

"Okay." I mumbled as I looked at the map while I was at a red light. "It says that in another mile I'll be there. Hobby Lobby is on the right."

I put my phone down and waited for the light to be green.

Once the light turned green, I stepped on the gas and continued to drive until I saw the sign.

"There it is!" I shouted relieved as I pulled into the parking lot.

'Worried much?' Artemis laughed.

I growled at her. 'Yes. Don't judge.'

I parked the car and locked it before heading inside.

"Bottles." I sang to myself quietly. "Glass bottles."

I walked up and down the aisles starting to grow annoyed that I can't find them.

"How hard is it to find glass bottles?" I asked myself. "If I was a glass bottle, where would I hide?"

I finally spotted them and ran over to the shelf.

'Did she say how many she needed?' I asked.

'I don't think so.' Artemis replied unsurely. 'Maybe just grab a case?'

I shrugged. Works for me.

But before I reached for the case, I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

'What was that?' I asked suspiciously as I looked around.

'I don't know.' Artemis said. 'I feel like we are being watched.'

'I do too.' I agreed as I reached up to grab the case and gripped it tightly. 'Let's get out of here.'

I made a quick beeline to the register and paid for the bottles with the cash that Hecate gave me.

'Wait.' Artemis said quickly.

I clutched the case to my body and walked a little faster to the car.

'I smell a wolf. But I can't tell where the scent is coming from.' She admitted confused. 'You drank that potion before you left right?'

'Of course.' I said.

Before I tried to pick up the scent, it disappeared.

'That was strange.' Artemis said unsurely. 'We need to head back home.'

'But I'm hungry.' I whined.

'Goodness girl.' She laughed. 'Fine. Find a place to eat and then let's leave. I don't want to be here any longer than we have to be.'

'We'll be fine.' I reassured her as I got into the car. 'I drank that potion before I left and I have a couple more hours before the effect wears off.'