one

𝐎𝐍𝐄

Fuck. That was the first thing on Clara's mind as she sat on the uncomfortable floor of her bathroom. And, ironically, the word fuck was the reason Clara was in this mess in the first place.

It had been three months since she had last spoken to Marco Asensio, a guy who she had always assumed hated her. That was, of course, until they spent one passionate night together.  Since that night Clara had continued as normal. Well, only if you consider throwing up almost every morning normal.

And that leaves Clara in the present, on her bathroom floor, awaiting the results of her fourth pregnancy test.

Sure, four pregnancy tests seemed a little excessive, but Clara really could not believe what she was seeing. To be completely honest Clara was never a double-checker, and definitely not a quadruple-checker. And although condoms are 99% effective, Clara was only 50% sure she even used one two months ago.

"I don't believe it," she kept repeating in her head as she hoisted herself up from the floor. Her past four pregnancy tests had all been positive.

A million thoughts were running through Clara's head. She was 21 years old and in no way prepared to become a mother any time soon. But the main complication was Marco. He couldn't stand her, and she wasn't his biggest fan either. Even when Clara left Marco's apartment the morning after their night together, he was back to being ice cold as usual. In fact it seemed like he wanted Clara to leave as soon as possible.

"You should probably go," Marco had suggested firmly, biting his lip. "I have training in thirty minutes and I've got things to do."

Clara knew she shouldn't overstay her welcome and left as soon as possible, without even a proper goodbye from Marco. She was really hoping Marco would decide to start afresh, maybe he would start being more friendly towards her, but all their night seemed to do was make matters worse.

In all honesty, Clara couldn't bring herself to look at the result of her pregnancy test even though it was pretty much already confirmed by the three previous tests. It all just seemed like a bad dream. No, worse than a bad dream - an absolute nightmare. What was she going to do? She was a student, studying sports science at university. She had no time and certainly no money.

With a deep breath and a thumping heart, Clara's squeezed shut eyes reluctantly opened.

Another positive pregnancy test.

"I guess it's official," sighed Clara, unable to take her emerald eyes off the pregnancy stick. "I am pregnant."

CLARA

marco, I think we should talk

MARCO

wow hello to you too

what about???

CLARA

ffs marco

just meet me later ok?

MARCO

jeez chill

is it that time of the month?

CLARA

omg I wish

MARCO

what

CLARA

just meet me at my place

4pm

Clara sighed as she placed her cell phone back in her lap. Her good friend Isco, in the driver's seat, looked over at her momentarily.

"You okay?" He asked, carefully.

She shrugged slightly. In all honesty, she wasn't okay at all. Clara had a million thoughts and a million emotions going through her mind in that moment, anxiety and fear surging through every part of her body.

"We've been friends for years, Clara, you can tell me anything." Isco prompted.

Clara wished her friend would just shut up. The less she thought about Marco's demon baby growing inside of her, the better.

Isco still powered on. He'd always been sweet-natured and loved to help people if they were upset or had a problem. Although his intentions were always good, he didn't give up easily especially when it came to helping friends. "Tell me!" He whined.

"I'm pregnant," blurted Clara. She wished she could've kept it a secret for longer.

"Bitch..." Isco paused, trying to process this newfound information. "What the fuck."

Clara shook her head, disappointed in herself. "I know, I know. I should've been more careful, to be honest, I can't even remember if we used-"

The Spaniard took one hand from the wheel of his car and held it up in front of Cara's face, one finger raised. "Wait a second," he interrupted. "Who's fucking baby is this? Because as far as I'm concerned you haven't slept with anyone since Paulo and your dad got really pissed at you." He recalled, remembering the days when he and Clara were merely family friends. Their friendship strengthened once Clara moved to Madrid for university.

"Yeah you're right." Clara bit her lip.

Isco furrowed his brows. "That was three years ago, chica. I cannot believe you slept with someone and didn't tell me, what the fuck." As always, he was cursing.

Clara didn't say anything.

"If you don't tell me now, you know I'll find out. I have my ways."

Clara turned her body to face Isco's. "Don't tell anybody," she urged. "It's really important that you do not tell anybody, because even the father himself doesn't know about this mess yet. I only found out this morning and I am going to tell him this evening, so zip it."

Isco nodded.

"It's Asensio's."

"Asensi-who?!" Isco gasped, in shock. "I'm confused. Marco Asensio?"

Shamefully, Clara nodded. She was just as shocked as her friend. For the months after her night with Marco, Clara would often recount the moment she went back to his place and shudder. How much alcohol did she consume to make her want to have sex with Marco Asensio? Whatever the amount was, Clara did not want that much ever again.

"That night we all went out and got drunk, me and Asensio were the last two left in the club. One thing led to another and-"

"You were all over him." Isco chuckled.

Clara shrugged. She wasn't going to deny that.

"Well, for starters, you're going to have to start calling him by his first name instead of just Asensio."

Shuddering, Clara shook her head dismissively. "No," she whined. "I don't like him."

"Clearly you like him more than you think." Isco pointed out, matter-of-factly. "The both of you don't see eye to eye, but maybe this baby will bring you both together. That is... if you're keeping it. But if you're not, you know, that's okay too, you should be able to choose since it's your body..." Isco tailed off. He tended to become a bit of a blabber-mouth in awkward situations.

Clara chuckled, uneasy. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I have to speak to Asensio."

"Marco," Isco corrected.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. From now on, let's just call him baby daddy."

"And are you ready to tell baby daddy?" Isco asked.

"Not exactly. But I'm going to have to be."

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

omg i am SO sorry this chapter took forever to publish, ngl i got so distracted with college and completely forgot to continue writing. but it's finally here and i'm sorry if it's shit 😩 <3