"Yes I am, a great chance to meet new people and make new friends." Yeah, I was really laying on the BS for these people. Someone clears their throat and we all turn to see Jane, Amanda, and Adrian standing behind the parents.

"So you two done torturing Jesse or do you need more time?" Jane drawls as she walks over to where I am sitting.

Adrian stays where he is and stares at me, if looks could kill I would be dead right now. I'm guessing, he doesn't appreciate my comment from yesterday. Yup, I am really winning him over.

"We were not torturing Jesse, it's not every day, you bring home a boy for us to meet." Zach says.

Jane rolls her eyes at her dad. I look back at Adrian and he is still glaring at me.

"I told you Jesse is just a friend, so don't think he is my boyfriend."

Her parents laugh as they get up and walk towards where Adrian stands.

"Jane we never said that he is. We just want to make him feel welcome, so come on let's go have dinner. You all have school tomorrow and I don't want to keep Jesse out too long." Carol says as she leads everyone into the dining room.

I sit down next to Amanda, which puts me right in front of Adrian much to my delight. However, I don't think he feels the same way, from the look on his face. I sigh and look back at the plate Carol handed me. We are having meatloaf; it has been a while, since I have had meatloaf for dinner.

"So Jesse do you know what kind of classes you will be taking?" Zach asks.

"Yeah, mainly I'll be taking AP classes," I look at Adrian and he shifts in his seat.

"Oh, so you're going to be in the same class as Jane and Adrian."

There it is, he isn't looking forward to having to see me every day in class. Wow! He must really not like me then.

"You didn't tell me that?" Jane whines.

"Well you never did ask me, but yeah I will be in the same classes as you two. So it should be lots of fun." I look at Adrian when I say the last part and wink at him.

He scrunches up his nose at me; I can't help, but smile at how cute it makes him look.

"Well that is a shocker, you look more of a dumb jock than a nerd." Adrian spits back at me, it only makes me smile bigger.

"Looks can be deceiving; I mean I could say the same about you. However, I'm not one to judge people based on what they look like on the outside."

I watch as he scowls at me. Yeah, I am really getting under his skin right now.

"Okay you two, cut it out. Jesse, why don't you help me clear the table and bring out dessert?" Jane asks as she grabs her plate.

"Yeah sure why not, are you done there sweetheart?" I ask Adrian, while everyone else laughs; I get a deeper scowl from him.

He shoves his plate into my hand while he mumbles something. I am pretty sure he just called me a stupid jackass. I just laugh it off. I really like this feisty side of him. I help Jane pick up the other plates and I walk into the kitchen with her.

"You know it's not very smart to be getting under the skin of the boy you have a crush on." Jane says as she places the last plate in the dishwasher.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I reply; she wacks me with the dish towel on the head. "Ow, what the hell was that for?" I cry out as I rub my head.

"Oh don't play stupid with me. I know you are gay and you have a crush on Adrian. Don't try to deny it, you were basically eye raping him the first time you saw him."

Well at least I now know she doesn't like me any other way than as a friend.

"Like it even matters that I like him, he has a boyfriend." I groan, "and he doesn't like me very much. Plus, he thinks I'm straight as well." I place my head on the counter and groan again.

"Well first of all, he doesn't hate you. It's not every day he meets a guy that knows how to push his buttons. The straight part we can easily fix that. Also this so called boyfriend is a jerk, but of course Adrian can't see that. Adrian has it so set in his head that he loves him and that Hector feels the same way."

"Maybe Hector does love him?" I ask.

"Let me ask you, if you love someone would you keep your relationship a secret?"

"Well no, but there must be a reason why?"

"Oh please, the only reason he keeps it a secret is because he is afraid of what mommy and daddy will do. If he loves Adrian like he says he does, it wouldn't matter what his family thought about him."

I know Jane has a point. But at the same time I understand why Hector would be hesitant about coming out.

"By the way he and his jock friend, bully and torment Adrian at school every day and every day Adrian just takes it. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing Adrian suffer that way for a guy that will never come out for him."

When I hear about the bullying, it makes my blood boil. I can't believe Adrian would put up with so much, just to be with this one guy.

"Okay, so why are you telling me all this?"

"I'm telling you this because Adrian deserves better and I know you are better for him. So I think between the both of us, we can get Adrian to see that what he has with Hector isn't real. This then will give you the chance to make your move."

"So what's the plan and what are we going to do about the whole part about him thinking I'm straight?"

"First of all, we are not going to say anything about you being gay. I want him to believe you are straight, because then Hector won't see you as a threat until it's too late. So the plan is for you to get Adrian to trust you that is going to be the only way he will fall for you. Also, he doesn't trust very easily, so it's going to take a while. You are going to have to not push his buttons so much. If you do, he is just going to think you're an asshole."

"Okay gotcha, well, I can't say that this plan will work, but I will try. Anything you can tell me that might help me win him over?"

"Hmm, well, he does have a soft spot for Jelly Belly jelly beans, but they have to be the Dr. Pepper kind. He also likes this book series about fallen angels and he is a huge fan of Supernatural." I stare at Jane with an unbelievable look on my face.

She sees me staring, "what?"

"It's just, oh my god, you just listed three of my favorite things."

"Well, then, it shouldn't be too hard to get Adrian to like you, just don't screw it up by pissing him off."

I nod my head and I smile.

I can actually have a chance with Adrian. I just have to get him to see Hector isn't the one for him, because he really does deserve better than a douche like Hector. Let's just hope this plan Jane has doesn't backfire on us.

41+sIPf�}^��,�