⩫Important Discussions and Approvals⩫

In the upcoming days, Dev and Shivanya met multiple times. It became a routine to meet at a small cafe, which was owned by an old couple who had been running it for years and was equidistant from both their workplaces. It had been about a week of constant meetups, and even the cafe owners had now begun recognising them. They had spoken about their careers, lives, families, adventures, college days etc.. Dev, however, was not too vocal about his parents and Shivanya noticed how he diverted this topic.

Today, she had a list of topics she wanted to discuss with him, which included his parents. She arrived at the cafe and saw him sitting at their usual booth. His gaze locked with hers as she approached the table and he gave her that swoon worthy smile that made her weak in the knees. That smile. That bloody smile made her feel like the most special person in this world, because she knew she was the only girl who he gave that smile to. His eyes crinkled at the corners, and shone with happiness. When he smiled like that, his whole face smiled. She couldn't help but smile back. He got up and took the chair out for her. She just stared at his perfect face, wondering how she got so lucky, as she often did in her life about other things as well. The first time he had opened the door for her and taken the chair out, she had stopped him and told him that it's okay, she can do it herself, but his response had stunned her.

"I know you can, but you shouldn't have to. You deserve the queen treatment."

She had blushed throughout that meeting and had stuttered like an idiot while he smiled at her and took the lead for the conversation.
She pushed herself back to the present and started the talk.

"Heyy. How was your day? You had that meeting with a potential client right? How did it go?"

"It went well. You remember?"

"Of course I do. You told me on Monday, today is Friday only. I have a great memory Mr. Singhania."

"Good to know Ms. Rathore"   Nobody he cared about had ever asked him about his day for 10 years.

"Accha listen, I wanted to talk to you about some important stuff. A little serious. So should I start now, or do you have anything to discuss?"

Dev looked at her. She did look serious. He hoped she wasn't going to reject him. He had not wanted anything more than he wanted her, not even his career. He would leave his career as a successful lawyer for the business in a heartbeat if his father asked him to; just so he could marry her. Time with her was all he looked forward to all day. His hands went sweaty and clammy.

"Ya.. ya it's okay. What.. what is it about?" he stuttered out.

Shivanya looked at him again, he looked nervous and his happy smiley face was gone, she wondered why. She did not like it and a sudden urge to reassure him and bring that smile back engulfed her. She forwarded her hands to hold his and found them super sweaty. She took a tissue and wiped his hands clean, all while he looked at her, still worried out of his mind.

"Hey, don't worry okay. It is not anything negative. I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding our life and future, together."

"Together?"

"Together."

Dev's shoulder's sagged in relief. She is not leaving.

"Feeling better?"

"Ya ya. I am sorry, I sort of.... panicked. I thought...... you will... you know.."

"Yes, yes I do. It's okay. You don't have to apologise for feeling this way. In hindsight,even I should have phrased my sentence better."

He smiled at her. She is too perfect. How did I get so lucky? Me?