Chapter 4: First Encounter

Author's Note:
This chapter is going to be where the more obvious changes are. Of course more Dunclet and Kladora content.
Hope you enjoy 😊

Duncan's POV:
Violet and I were walking to the broom closet and it was a little bit awkward so I decided to bring up a conversation.
"You mentioned you had guardians before coming here"I asked nervously.
"Yes we did, some of them were good like our Aunt Josephine and Uncle Monty but we also had Count Olaf as a guardian, he is the most ev-"
"Handsome man you'll ever meet"we heard a voice say behind us.
"We turned around and saw a strange looking man I wasn't sure who he was but I looked at Violet and she looked as if she had seen a ghost.
"What are you doing here" Violet said with an angry look.
"What else, to steal your fortune and capture you and your sibl-, wait where's the baby and what who are you boy."
"Who are you, you miscreant" I shot back.
"Oh I know who you are,"the man replied in a sinister voice, "your one of those Quagmire triplets aren't you, Quigley."
"Duncan" I corrected.
"You sound just like your mother, using big words and stuffing your face in all these useless notes that will never save you from a fire" he uttered.
"My parents died saving me and my siblings"I snapped back as he was backing us into the wall.
"Well they didn't do a good job at that did they, Quigley died because your parents, they were to busy getting you two they forgot about him."
I was sad, but angry, I didn't know what to say.

Violet's POV:
I could see in Duncan's expression that he was hurt and lost for words. We needed to get away from him. I needed to cause a distraction.
"What's that over there"I said while pointing across the hallway.
"What?"
I grabbed Duncan's hand and yelled
"Run!"
We sprinted across the hallway trying to get as far away as we could.
"You guys can run all you want but you can't hide" he yelled.
We kept running until we hid behind a wall in the corridor.
"Who was that man,"Duncan asked while out of breath.
I looked into his deep brown eyes and said,
"That man, was Count Olaf" I told him.
I could see the pain and anger in his eyes like he was about to cry.
"But How is he here"he asked his voice now trembling.
"I don't know, but I can explain more if we can find a a good place to hide for a few minutes" I whispered knowing Count Olaf could be close by.
"I know a place we could go but it will only get us about 10 minutes" Duncan proposed.
"That's all we need, we also need to warn Klaus & Isadora."
"Wait, were going to be late to the assembly" Duncan noted.
"Trust me it'll be better if we are late to the assembly then get caught by Count Olaf, Isadora and Klaus can fill us in anyway" I assured him.
"Ok, is the coast clear."
I looked around.
"Yes."
He held my hand I looked down and felt a warm feeling spread around my body. I had never had this feeling before. I looked up at his face and he gave me a little smirk and pointed down the hallway.
"Let's Go."

Isadora's POV:
Klaus, Sunny and I had taken our seats at the assembly. I began to wonder what was taking Duncan and Violet so long.
"What's taking them so long" I asked Klaus.
"I don't know, but don't worry they're smart, they know what there doing," Klaus assured me.
I began to get more and more worried by the minute, but then I felt a hand touch my left leg. At first I was scared, but then I realised who's hand it was. I turned around I to see a smiling face looking at me.
"Stop worrying Isadora, we both saw how they look at each other, they will protect each other, they will be ok," he assured me again.
I smiled back at Klaus and leaned back into my seat.
I believed Klaus, but I still had this feeling, that it was more than them wanting to spend time together and that they were in danger.

Duncan's POV:
Violet and I were sprinting up and down hallways, checking corners to see if Count Olaf had gotten a lead on us. I saw the entrance to where we needed to go and signalled her to follow me.
We reached the entrance and Violet gave me a confused look.
"Why are we at the Library" she asked.
"Well I figured everyone is at the assembly so no one would walk in on us, not that anyone would even dare to step inside and we could also look for the book while we're here."
"Great Idea,"she complimented with a smile.
We walked in and I could see the amazement on Violet's face.
"This is amazing, Klaus would love it" she said smiling ear to ear, "Ok let's not get distracted shall we."
"Let's start on this side and while we're looking it would be a suitable time to tell me all about Count Olaf and all the trouble he's caused you" I suggested.
Violet nods her head and we both walked together to begin looking for the book.
"So, how did you guys even get into the care of Count Olaf."
"Well Mr Poe some how got convinced by Count Olaf to send us to him then to our real guardian Uncle Monty, ever since he lost us the first time he has been following us every where we go with terrible disguises that everyone seems to be fooled by except for us."she explained "I thought maybe since are in school grounds he wouldn't find us here with the advanced computer system but it doesn't seem very advanced to me" she continued.
"Well don't worry, you have Isadora and I now we can defeat him" I noted.
"That's what I'm worried about he might come up with another disguise and try to get both of our fortunes, he's going to fool everyone all over again."
"Not everyone, not Isadora and I at least, we will be here for you guys and we will help you."
"Klaus Sunny and I really appreciate that and maybe with your help we can get more answers, but in the mean time we can just keep looking."
Violet and I continued to look for the book when we saw a cabinet labelled, "Cabinet of all Books."
"Violet maybe we don't have to look through all of the shelves." I said while pointing to the cabinet.
We both walked to the cabinet as fast as we could.
"I can pick this lock" she announced. She pulled a pin out of her pocket and began to try and unlock it.
"And I think I got it, there."
I pulled the draw out further and began to look through all the files.
"It's not in here."
"Someone might have purposely taken out the file so that it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands" Violet noted.
"I think we should go now, we need to get back to the assembly" Violet added.
"Your right, but how are we going to make it back without anyone noticing us" I asked.
"We will make it back,  just not without being noticed" Violet replied sounding worried.
"What do you mea-"
I looked at Violet and saw her pointing behind me.
I suddenly understood what Violet was talking about.
"Hello, hello, hello, children"