I sighed in resignation.

"That time Pete got drunk and I brought him home..."

Que slammed the table a little too loudly and excitedly exclaimed.

"I knew it! Hell yes! I knew it! I'm such a freaking psychic! Hooo!"

I gaped at Que.

Did I mention we were in the library!?!

That was the last that we set foot inside the university library because we got banned until further noticed. Que seemed not to mind. She was till high on the fact that she guessed right.

The night after that incident, Pete, Nick, Yatch, Que and I went out for Karaoke. I wasn't able to miss Que's suggestive smirk when it was already time to go and Pete rode with me as he had Yatch took care of his car.

Turned out, whatever sexual Que's thinking was right. Pete and I christened my bed for the second time and since my family's still out of the country, he didn't return home until two days after.

After that, Que seemed to have loosened up with Pete somehow.

She didn't say anything more but I felt like she's slowly back to fangirling Pete the way she did back then.

"I dunno, I just feel like we still need time you know."

I answered Que after I was back from my trip down memory lane.

I wasn't sure I made sense but I had high hopes that my bestfriend would get me though. I flinched when Que abruptly sat up on her bed and regarded me.

"Weren't you the one who's so worked up about Pete not feeling the same way as you do and yet when he finally wants you two to be together it's you who's playing hard to get? Seriously?"

I stood up from stitch and laid down beside Que. I heaved a sigh.

"I don't know. It's just that, everything feels so surreal. It's like taken straight out of a dream and I can't help but feel anxious and scared about it ending the same way it started."

Que laid back down that we were lying on opposite directions. She playfully kicked on my head. I did the same to her. She gaped before she continued.

"Sometimes I really don't get you. People really do tend to take a mile when given an inch. Remember how, back then, you're just way too happy with Pete crumbs and now when you have him all to yourself, instead of enjoying every minute of it, you suddenly become so scared about the future, are you even for real!?! When are you gonna say yes to Pete, when you're old and balding or when some wench comes around and put her claws upon him. You choose!?!"

I sat up on the bed and regarded Que. I angled myself so that I was already facing her.

"Shhhh! Stop it okay?I hate thinking about Pete with anyone other than me. Well, at least romantically and the other R18 -lly."

I saw Que rolled her eyes before she sat up so we were already facing each other.

"That's precisely my point, Kao. Don't let someone go if you're not ready or can't bear seeing them on the arms of another."

Que was right. Of course she was but...

"Nobody's talking about letting go, Que. All I'm saying is that, I needed time to process everything. Everything about Pete is overwhelming. After all that had happened, having him near is already enough for me. Of course I wanted us to be more. God, I want that. But I also want to keep things slow. For him. For us and for myself. I needed that."

Que kept still.

I wasn't sure what she was thinking then.

"So you want me to pretend I get you?!?"

I rolled my eyes.

"I want you to listen and help me come to a decision with how I go about Pete and I. That doesn't involve an abrupt get together just yet."

Que gaped at me.

"Aghhh! Don't question my Pete logic, I question it on a daily basis already!" (Hey, unpretty_fangirl hope you're still around to see this 😅)

My bestfriend sighed.

"Okay, just to clarify, did Pete ask you to be his boyfriend already? Like post En?"

I nodded my head.

"Yeah. About more than a couple times already."

It was Que's turn to nod.

"And?"

I shrugged.

"We would end up making out with no agreement right after."

Que faceplmed.

"Okay. Listen here. I understand and kind of don't where you're coming from but here's the thing. You like Pete. He likes you. Now what? Kao, I know you're confused and scared. And all those emotions are not unimportant. Yes it took the two of you more time than necessary to align things to the way they should. Yes, you were crooked. Yes, it was a mess. But love  is an art and it wasn't easy flowing for the most part. It's abstract and vivid and vibrant and most importantly, it doesn't only involve you." ( mujieu hi, I hope you don't mind me quoting you 🙏)

I blinked at my bestfriend. I suddenly didn't know what to say when she continued. But I felt every word she said. The hell I did!

"So what I'm saying is, you don't have to battle this out your own. There's Pete now. You got this. All you have to do is trust yourself and each other, and what you want and where you want to be...together."

I blinked at Que yet again.

Right.

Pete was the fairy tale I waited to happen. I would be a class A stupid to let him and whatever we had go just because I was confused and scared.

I looked at my bestfriend. She's a total crazy but when she made sense, she made sense. And I can't believe she made me realized it.

Yes,  love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right. With the right person.

In my case.

With Pete.

It wouldn't be easy, that I knew. But Que, as crazy as she was, was right. I had Pete now. And I was confident that somehow, we felt the same way. It's okay to be scared, but stopping myself from being happy for real just because of it was such a shame and a huge waste of time.

I sighed.

I still wasn't sure about a lot of things.

But there's Pete and he's all mine. At least, according to him.

I looked at Que and smiled.

She furrowed her brows at me. I could only chuckled when she tried to escape from me when I suddenly hugged her.

"You're the best!"

"Yeah? Why? Because I know how you're so disgustingly in love with Pete but is just too stubborn to do something about it!?!

And I snickered. My bestfriend was right. Again.

Only on the other half of her sentence tho, because the latter part, I was finally sure it wasn't the case.

I think I'm ready now...

No.

Scratch that.

I'm ready.

For Pete.

For us.

Together.

Now, that made sense.

A/N

Okay. Before some of you tell me how stupid Kao is about this whole thing, let me just remind you how TV Kao also played hard to get. Needless to say, I just copied, only, I gave him a whole chapter to explain his side which wasn't done in the series.

Now, before we get on to the real deal, Imma have our lovely Kao reel around a little frustration first, before finally getting a boyfriend, formally. 😉😅

Till then,

S5m💙