Young Love // Nightwing x Reader.

Dick wouldn't even realize that he was yandere...until he met you. Out of all of the Bat Family, he's the latest bloomer. But upon finding you, he'll catch up very quickly.

He'll meet you as Nightwing first. It was a chance meeting, a bunch of random accidents that fell perfectly into place. Your bus had broken down, forcing you to walk home. It was his turn for patrol. Someone gave you the wrong directions. He had heard of muggings around here and decided to swing by. Someone pulled you into the alley. And he saw.

"Well, that's no way to treat a lady."

You can't believe that NIGHTWING is actually here, punching out your would be mugger. And he can't believe that someone so beautiful actually exists...To your surprise, Nightwing offers to walk you home. You happily accept his offer and wave him off once you're home.

"Good night, Nightwing!"

He thinks he's just being nice. But it was actually the first "yandere" type thing that he ever did because now...he knows where you live. Dick tries to forget about you after that. But he can't, no matter how hard he tries. He'll start swinging by your place on patrol, in hopes of catching a glimpse of you. But quick glimpses aren't enough after a while...

"What's wrong with me?"

He'll start studying you. He'll find out everything he can about you. And with every little thing he discovers, Dick will fall deeper into his yandere side...and he'll become braver. Eventually, he'll be brave enough to finally approach you. You were working in the little coffee shop when he walked in, not as Nightwing but as himself.

"Hi, welcome to Riverside Coffee! I'm Y/N, how can I help you?"

The sound of your voice makes him smile and after that...things really begin.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Dick."

He wants to be smooth. He wants to sweep you off of your feet and make you fall madly in love with him! But it's so hard. Every part of him screams to just take you into his arms, to kiss you and to never let go...Dick tries to ignore it. He tries to hold back. But everyday, his resolve weakens a little.

"I just love her so badly..."

It starts small. He buys you the book you mentioned, as well as a copy for himself. You can read it together, he says, and that makes you smile. It's a smile he wishes to see again and Dick decides to do whatever he needs in order to make his wish come true.

"But it can't really be that bad? Can it?"

No, of course not! So it's not bad to keep buying you lots of things. Like lunch at your favorite restaurants or that dress you were looking at or a necklace that would look so beautiful on you. He just wants to make you smile!

"Here, I got you something."

And you are smiling. You like his gifts but...you can't really afford to give him anything. The first time you try to refuse something, Dick freezes. But when you explain why you're refusing it, he smiles once again.

"Well, why don't we go out for dinner then? That's something you can give me."

You can't say no. How could you? Dick's been nothing but a gentleman and, well, it's just dinner right? That no big deal, is it? You wear the dress he got you and try your best not to feel so nervous...but when Dick shows up in an expensive car, dressed in a tux, your heart drops into your stomach.

"You ready to go?"

The whole ride there, Dick is talking and laughing like all of this is nothing. You're trying to calm down but when you pull up to the restaurant...it's one of the best in the entire city. And there are people with cameras outside.