Chapter 1- Homefront (Part 1)

Segmentum Ultima
Panzer, Agricultural World
City of Manas, Governor's Chambers
No One's POV

"That ship appeared at the edge of the soar system a week ago, and you called the regiment back into the city. When the ship began orbit over the planet you called up the PDF and the local militia, but didn't begin to prepare for an offensive. And now that the ship has crash landed not five miles from the city in the middle of our largest field! But instead of sending out our forces to eradicate them you have the men digging trenches!" After a long winded speech a fist slammed down on top of a well made wooden desk with enough force to shake it. It's owner was none other than the the Pontifex of Panzer, Ulfred Tigris.

Sitting across from him, inclined in his chair was a short, overweight man with black hair that had begun to slowly gray as time went on. He had an unamused look in his eyes, and leaned forward, placing both elbows on his desk before replying with a dry tone. "Because we don't know what we're up against Ulfred. I won't sent the sons and daughters of Panzer out to die like cattle. And even if I did know, they still wouldn't have marched. The protection of Manas and it's people comes first"

The Pontifex barred his nearly perfect teeth, placing his other hand on the desk as he stood over the Governor. "And as we wait here the fields go unharvested! How many worlds will see famine and death because you refused to act?!" He shouted, his body visibly trembling with rage.

"We can't afford to worry about other worlds right now" A new voice said. Turning around Ulfred glared at a tall man who slowly walked into the room with his arms behind his back. He was dressed in a black suit, with a handful of medals on his left shoulder and a peaked cap that adorned his head. "I only have enough men to feasibly defend Panzer. And frankly it's the only planet I care about right now"

"Colonel" The Governor said, getting  the officer's attention as Ulfred begrudgingly took a step back from his desk, making room for the new arrival. "Do you have any news from the front?" He asked nervously, pudgy fingers tapping against the hard wood his his desk as the Colonel nodded. Reaching out he grabbed an ash tray next to the Governor's hands and moved it to the center, before taking half used cigar that laid on top of it and placed it on the desk a few inches away.

"Yes. Imagine the tray as Manas, and the cigar as the crashed ship." The Colonel replied. "As the Pontifex previously mentioned, the ship, Cobra-class Destroyer, crashed into the fields south of the city. Roughly 5.1 miles away" As the man paused he summed to swallow hard, his fingers slowly curling and uncurling. "But unfortunately my scouts reported back with very bad news"

The Governor nodded slowly and Ulfred held his breath as the Colonel continued. "The ship may have suffered extreme damage during its landing, and most of the crew was killed. But a large group of it's survivors had gathered outside the wreck. My scouts claim that their all human, but are bearing the mark of Chaos"

"By the Emperor" Ulfred was the first one to speak, disbelief and horror in his Boise as he looked batch and forth between the two other men. "We sent out a distress call when the ship entered the system. Has anyone answered?" He asked.

The Governor shook his head while the Colonel placed a gloved hand on the Pontifex's shoulder. "No, but I don't think we'll have to fight this battle alone"

"And what makes you say that?" He replied, turning to face him.

"Because when the ship exited the warp at the edge of solar system it was already badly damaged, with entire sections of it's hull missing. I think they were running from something, only to accidentally land on our doorstep."

Pontifex Ulfred studied him for a moment, standing up straight to meet the officer's gaze. "And you think whatever was fighting it will come to our aid?"

"Yes"

Manas's Southern Wall, First Trench Line
Corporal Y/N's POV

"Sergeant Rugen" I said, trying to ge my her attention while I finished throwing the last sandbag into place with a tired grunt. "Any additional orders?"

"No" I heard her reply, followed by footsteps in the wet mud of the trench. Turning around I saw that she'd walked up to my and was looking at the work me and the boys had done. "Tell the rest of the men to take a short break, and make sure they get something to eat. You've been working all day"

"Yes Ma'am" I started to turn, and was about to held off to find the rest of our squad when she held up her hand, and I stopped.

"No, hold a moment" She said before looking the other way. "Jacub!" Turning to look I saw him standing not far away.

"Yes Ma'am?" He asked, taking a few steps closer.

"Find the rest of the squad and make sure they take a short break. You've earned it. And if anyone tells you otherwise tell them they can kiss my ass" Rugen ordered. Jacub nodded and walked off to find our men while the she looked back at me. "Sit with me. I'd like some company"

"Of course" I replied, taking a seat on the fire step of the trench while she sat down on a box full of grenades some of the PDF had brought up from the armory. Taking off my helmet I blinked a few times to help me eyes adjust. Everything looked a little different without the red tint from my visor but the sun felt nice against my skin. "What do you think we're up against? Traitors? Pirates? Xenos?"

She shrugged, before setting her lasgun down against the box and grabbed her canteen. "I don't have the faintest clue. "But whatever it is I know my boy's well kick ass"

So that's my first ever warhammer 40k chapter. How did I do? And what do you think do the story so far? Even if it's just an introduction?