It's the day before my birthday and I just bought my wig. I look like a did before, except the 'fake' hair : it's shorter than before. But I can just say that I decided to cut it.

"Thank you so much Julie !" I am grateful, so grateful that she decided to keep me for this job. Without it, I'm sure Billy would have much more to pay in the end.

*****

Today is the 20th of March, a Sunday. And it's my birthday. I slept till 10PM, I took the stairs and was woken up by 'Happy Birthday !'. I was still in my pajamas and I didn't have my wig, only a baseball cap. I blushed, ran back upstairs to my room to change.

It's now the afternoon and Kate has arrived and prepared everything. She forced me to stay in my room and to wait for her call to go down.

It's kind of been an hour now and I am bored out of my mind. I suddenly hear a knock on the door. I put my wig back on, rush to the door and open it. William comes running and jumps on the bed.

"Hey buddy ! Is it done downstairs ?" I ask, sitting next to him.

"Nope. Katie even hit Jake when he broke something. She's actually violent !" he seems pretty interested by what she did and I laugh at his innocent face.

"Why did you come here then ? Aren't you afraid of her if she discovers you didn't obey her ?" I tickle him and he lets out a big laugh.

"I took the risk and came to see you because I have a present." he tells me, giving me a small box and a paper.

I take both and sit next to him on the bed. I open the box first and I'm surprised to see a rock. I take it out and look closer at it. Will has written 'Best sister' on it and I can't help but feeling touched by his present.

"See ? You can take it anywhere and you'll still have me. It's like a lucky charm." He has thought it through and I hug him. "Look at the drawing now !"

"Will... I absolutely love it." I am staring at a family drawing. Of course, he isn't the best artist, but I can see he put a lot of effort in it.

"I drew our house behind and Dad's mini-van. I remember we painted it last year, so I just wanted you to..." I cut him off and start crying in front of him. He stops talking, says nothing.

But then, he hugs me from behind and murmurs soft words. "Don't worry. You told me not to be sad. Don't be sad. They're up in heaven and looking downwards on us. Don't be sad." I'm the big sister, yet he's the one comforting me.

I wipe my tears away and smile at William. I kiss his forehead and stay a while with him in silent, just thinking about the past.

*****

"I had told him not to go up, but if it was to give you a present, I guess it's okay..." Kate mumbles to me while we eat the cake she made.

"Don't stress over it Kate. This cake is absolutely delicious ! Oh my gosh, please make it every time I come to your house !" I plead her and she chuckles at my stuffed face.

"Since you aren't coming to school anymore, I guess you haven't heard the gossip ? Jacob told me he doesn't talk about school much when you're here because he worries it might depress you..." she tells me.

"No, I haven't heard anything. Spill it."

"You knew about the rumors ? Right ? About Sam Uley ?"

"The fact that he was on drugs ? And that it's why he broke off with Leah, Sue's daughter, and ran away ? To replace her with Emily, her cousin ?" I say. "Yes, I do know the rumors." I say sarcastically.

"Well, you see Jared Cameron ? He joined him. I think it was before you learnt that you had cancer... But we didn't see him. That's not the point. The point is, he was all fine, and then... Boom ! He hangs out with Sam Uley all the time, his hair is cut short and he has this weird tattoo on his upper arm." she tells me.

"So ?"

"Don't you find it strange ? Even a tiny bit ?" she asks me, marking her point with hand motion.

"I don't know. Maybe it's a new trend on the Rez ?" I propose this hypothesis and she immediately shakes her head.

"I talked to my dad about it, but he said not to worry about it and to focus on my own problems."

"Isn't that how a father is supposed to react ?" I ask.

She shakes her head once again. "My dad always tells me what's happening on with the council. And the council hasn't said a thing about it. Do you really think they would let a bunch of boys run on drugs and enrol other guys or girls ?" she asks, her mind full of conspiracy.

"I do agree with you, it's kind of strange." I say.

"Good. The point is, Paul is now a part of their gang. He wasn't a school for a whole week and once he comes back, same thing than with Cameron ! Even worse, he started sleeping with every girl in school and is falling almost every subject. Or so I've heard." she tells me proudly.

"Really ? I feel sorry for those girls." I say, laughing. "He is the biggest jerk in the whole universe."

"Don't you feel anything ? Disappointment ? Anger ?" she hints, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Nope. Why would I ?"

"For no reason. I just thought that since you and him had a history, you would be a little more interested in what's happening."

"Never in a million years will I feel concerned about Lahote." I tell her, licking the icing of the cake on my fingers.

Long chapter !

I've been wondering, do you know an actress who could picture Alexandra ?

I hope you like the story !

Vote/Comment/Follow ! :)