Chapter 8: Bye Justin! Hello Senior year!

Start from the beginning

“Danielle we have to go if we’re going to catch our flight.”

“No!” I held onto Justin tighter. Justin looked up at Devin.

“You have to take care of her for me. You have to! You have to be everything she need, and she’s pretty demanding. I swear to god if I find out you did not take care of her, you will feel the worst pain you have ever felt in your whole life. Understood?”

“Understood.”

“Good bye man.”

“Good bye bro. See you next year.”

“See you next year.”

“Danielle, it’s time to go.”

“NO!” Justin held on to my face.

“I’m going to miss you so much, but you have to go. You have to have an amazing senior year. You have to call me every day! Remember baby girl. It’s only one year! It’ll be over before you know it! I promise. I love you so much.”

“I love you too!”

“Good bye Danielle.”

“Good bye Justin.”

Devin had to literally pick me up and put me in the car, because he knew if he let me walk myself I’d run back to him. I looked through the back window of the car to see him waving at me. Just waving and smiling.  I continued staring at him until I couldn’t see him any more. I was Fine. We got into the airport. I was fine. We got into the terminal and waited for them to board passengers. I was fine. We boarded our comfy first class seats. I was fine. We took off. I was fine. The pilot said. “Buckle up, it’s a long flight back to Florida.” That’s when I broke down. Devin held me to his chest trying to calm me down.

“Shh Dani. It’ll be ok.”

“I can’t live without him! I can’t do it!”

“Yes you can. You got Jess, Mel, and me. It will be ok. You will be ok. You can do this. It’s only a year. One year! You can do it.”

“I’m going to miss him.”

“I know. I know. Shh baby. It’ll be ok.”

I looked over at Jess and Mel and they were already fast asleep. I soon joined them. I woke up a few hours later still in Devin’s embrace. Only him and my mom were up.

“You’re really good with her.” I heard her soft voice speaking to him.

“Yea. I guess I am.”

“Does she know?”

“Know what?”

“That you love her?”

“I hope so. I tell her all the time. It’s just, she doesn’t believe me or something.”

“Well she’s a bit stubborn.”

“I know. I just don’t know what to do Mrs. Summers. I love her so much, but she seems to not want my love.”

“Of course she wants your love, but something in her heart is keeping her from getting it. Just be patient with her.”

“When I went to Spain, she was the only thing I could think about.”

“Did you tell her about Spain?”

“Yea. I told her.”

“Have you been completely honest with her?”

“Yes. Ever since I got back, I’ve told her nothing but the truth. Even if it hurts.”