Untitled Part 2

Rhys had been driving for what seemed like decades at this point. Everyone had offered to take over for him, but he always rejected them. Driving was the only thing really keeping his mind off of what happened. Even then, bits and pieces popped into his head. Questions with no answers in sight, feelings he was trying to suppress, the image of Jack standing in front of him smirking while his arm moved without consent, and those damned fantasies. It all sent shivers down his spine and a shock of arousal into his groin.

Rhys tried to reason with himself. Tried to say that his body was only acting on impulse and it wasn't actually his doing, but he knew that wasn't true. The knot in his stomach threatening to make him gag only proved that.

He felt a pang of guilt wash over him for crushing on Jack after everything he's done but a small part of him didn't care. In fact, that part of him thought he deserved to be able to crush on whoever he wanted to.

Rhys worked his way up corporate ladders, got fucked over by numerous people and simultaneously did the fucking as well, brown nosed egotistical assholes and crash landed on a planet filled with everything and its mother attempting to kill, eat, or screw him. He never had the time for romance and he thought he was better off without it, but now that he's done with Hyperion he wants more. So what if he wants it from Jack? He deserved to be happy. To indulge himself a little.

"I was thinking some adorable lingerie. Something that really hugs the ass, ya know?" Jack whispered into Rhys's ear. Rhys jumped in his seat and almost careened off the road.

"What the fuck are you even talking about, Jack?" Rhys whisper-yelled. Jack was practically pissing himself laughing at this point, holding onto his sides.

"Y-y-you should've seen your frickin' face, kid. It was hilarious! You were all like 'aaaahhhh' and yo-you almost drove us off the road!" He wiped at his eyes and straightened his posture. "I was saying that-" Jack burst into laughter again, earning himself a disgusted sigh and eyeroll from Rhys. "Okay, okay. I was saying that we should get you some adorable lingerie. Something that shows off your ass a bit." Rhys's face exploded with the color of crimson and he looked out onto the empty roads, avoiding eye contact with Jack.

"You're not funny, Jack." Rhys muttered.

"You're not funny, Jack." Jack mocked. He moved in closer to Rhys, kneeling down beside him. "Hey, why don't we stop the caravan and go check out the scenery?"

"I have to keep driving, so no." Rhys snapped. Jack sighed, raking a hand through his thick hair. His patience was obviously wearing thin, but Rhys didn't care. He wasn't going to run off with some hologram in his head while he had responsibilities.

"Everyone else is fast asleep, dummy. It'll be a while before someone takes your place." It was true. Everyone had been asleep. Rhys could hear their soft snores behind him and the soft, incoherent babblings of their dreams. Of course he could still hear Gortys and Loader Bot on top chatting, but he wasn't about to let one of them drive.

Rhys stopped the vehicle and stretched in his chair, catching a glimpse of Jack out of the corner of his eye. He had been staring at Rhys intently. It was all Rhys could do not to burst and ask Jack why he was suddenly interested in him. Why he was trying so hard to tease him and toy with him.

"You look pretty, Rhys." Jack mumbled.

Rhys looked over at him, his eyes a little wide. "What did you just say?"

"I said you look shitty, Rhys. You need to open your ears a little." Rhys furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, raising up from his seat. Jack followed him as he headed out of the caravan and into the cool night outside.