Dreaming of Gold part 5

It was 6.00 pm. I just finished practice. It didn’t go well.
Mark asked me what was wrong.
I lied that I didn’t know but I knew it was because I was nervous for meeting Nathan.
Normally I was pretty good with handling stress. When other gymnast made mistakes because of the pressure I remained calm. But now.

I never had a real boyfriend before, I just never had the time or the urge.
But now… I’m 16 and it’s part of the age I suppose.

I took a shower and spent more time than usual in front of the mirror.
After 15 minutes I settled with loose hair and some natural make-up.

I was already late when I left the gym. What’s wrong with that?! Being fashionably late.

Nervously I walked into the café looking for his face.

He was in the back of the place, waving at me.

“Hi!” My heart started racing “Have a seat”

I sat down trying to calm myself down.

“What would you like to drink?”

“Some soda water please.”

He ordered at  the bar and came back putting our glasses down on the table.

“So, I wanted to ask you something” oh my god why is he smiling so cute?

“shoot!”

“What does your name actually mean?”

“It means Champion in an old Scandinavian language”

“Did it help you so far?”

“Pretty much, I was national champion and second in the world championships…”

“You’re doing competitive sport?”

He looked surprised.

“Yes, I’m a gymnast”

“That makes sense”

“Why’s that?”

“Well since you’re skinny and all, but aren’t  you a little tall?”

“Well a little” I started laughing.

“You’re a swimmer right?”

He smiled and moved his eyebrows “That probably explains the shoulders and the height”

He really made me laugh.

We talked for a while and we got a second drink. I insisted paying that one. He didn’t like that, but I can be very convincing.

We walked home together. It was a nice evening, not to hot nor to cold.
The sun created these amazing colors in the sky.
It was like the world wanted to make this romantic.

I hadn’t been nervous since we started talking. The guy made me relax again. Now we were coming closer to where I lived I started to feel the weird nervous feeling in my stomach again.

I didn’t want to go fast, I didn’t even know what I wanted us to be.
the other part of me wanted to kiss him and hug him so

badly.
I had to think about gymnastics, that was my priority!

What if I just let it happen. We’ll see. If my sport suffers I can still go back, right?!

I was quiet for a while, a nice silence not an awkward one.

“Here’s where I live” I stopped walking and pointed at the house behind the white fence.

“I had a really great time!” He sounded a little shy.

“Me too” I smiled at him.

He leaned forward. I closed my eyed while his lips touched mine.
It was soft and made the butterfly’s in my belly go wild. While I got on my toes and wrapped my hands around his neck.
His hands on my back pushed me closer to him.

I let go of his lips.

I didn’t know what to say. Was that good? It felt good to me… what if I was a total flop?

He looked me in the eye and smiled, knowing I must have done well I smiled back at him.

“I really have to start studying now.” I wanted to be right here in his arms but I was scared I’d do something wrong.

He knotted “So can I see you tomorrow?”

“I can’t tomorrow I’ve got preseason evaluation”  I made painful face

He looked down at his shoes. “But I’m free the day after tomorrow”

He looked at me again and smiled “I’ll come and pick you up at 7” he said as he kissed me again.