Dreaming of Gold part 3

I told him where I should be.

“That’s the house next to mine… I’ll bring you there, at least if you want me to” he said looking at his feet.

“That would be great” I blushed.

“Are you one of Emily’s friends?”

“Yes… well we met today actually”

“ that’s nice! I’m Nathan just so you know”

“I’m Nilsa, nice to meet you” we shook hand, till I started to laugh.

Why am I so stupid? He must find me very stupid.

I guess he was running as well… since he was wearing  a sporty short and a Cal-shirt.

What brings me to his body, he looks amazing. He has wide shoulders and great arms;

“ Are we going to run there or would you rather walk?”

“I still have to run some more but if you’d like to walk it’s ok”

“No running is fine!” he smiled and turned his head a little, he’s so incredibly cute.

“We’re off than” he started running  so I followed him.

We talked all the way.

He told me he’s half Chinese and when I took a closer look I must say you do see it.

“Here we are” He stopped running and pointed at the building next to us.

“Thanks for showing me!”

I ran off to the front door to the front door before he could say something else.

When I was behind the boshes next to the door I took a breath. My heart was racing like crazy, probably from the running.

What was I telling myself, it wasn’t from the running. I was in perfect condition.

I never was in love before, not really. Some crush in primary school but can you even count that?

 I banned the thought of him out of my head and rang the doorbell

“Finally you’re here!” Emily jumped out the door  “Come in!”

“I had some trouble finding it, I’m still trying to find my way in this city”

“ No problem at all!” She lead us to her room on the top floor of the building.

She had a pretty large room with a window with view over the street.

The walls were light pink with all kinds of white furniture.

She gestured I should take a seat on the white fluffy couch next to a giant grey stuffed rabbit.

“So, don’t think I’m a stalker or anything…” She sat down on the  desk chair “… but I saw you talking to my neighbor”

“ I was just studying and I can’t help it my desk is in front of the window…” She started to apologies.

“ He saw me looking at a town map and helped me finding your house, very nice of him.” Very diplomatic answer I complimented myself.

She smiled at me and I knew what she was thinking and I knew it was true. But I couldn’t you know. I had to focus on Gymnastics and collage.

“It’s not what you think.”

“What do you know what I think” she interrupted my starting speech.

“ I think he’s a very nice guy who helped out a very nice girl what got them both a huge smile on their face”

She was right, when I think about it I was smiling the whole time, from the moment he first spoketo me and now I’m still smiling. No, I could not give in to this. I worked way to hard to get here to let it all be wasted by some guy.

I told her about what I was thinking about. The work I put in graduating at this age to get a scholarship. I just had the feeling I could tell her and she listened.

She agreed on what I said but, there is always a ‘but’.

“What if not knowing how it is distracts you more than actually being with him?”

She was smarter than she looked. As hard as it was to admit it, she was right.

After an hour I want home and got ready for bed after a shower and “family” dinner.

The thing that Emily said kept popping up into my head.