xxv. let's celebrate you tonight

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh my gosh," Audrey marveled, the tired look on her face being replaced by an excited one. She really had the best boyfriend in the world.

Audrey happily grabbed the bouquet of flowers and gave Gwilym a quick, soft kiss; her heart fluttering inside of her. "I thought you were coming in later," Audrey giggled, once she pulled away from the kiss.

"Yeah well, I lied," Gwilym smiled, grabbing Audrey's hand and taking her over to the living room. "So, how are you, love?"

"Better now, love" Audrey mockingly said as she sat down on the couch and laid her legs on top of Gwilym's lap.

"Are you using me as an ottoman?" Gwilym asked, with a smile tugging at his lips.

"Maybe," Audrey taunted as she got even more comfortable.

"You are unbelievable," Gwilym joked with a fake eye roll.

"Tired is what I am. I can't wait to go back home," Audrey sighed as she tilted her head back, resting it against the couch's armrest.

Even though she said she wanted to go home, she wasn't exactly sure where home was anymore. In the past month she had travelled to so many places that she had already lost count of them. But, in the end, home was wherever Gwilym was.

She had thought a lot about their future recently, curious as to where their relationship would take them or end up. Every single moment that she was with Gwilym, she felt safe and happy. Even though they had been officially dating for a bit more than a month, but also considering the fact that they had been best friends for many years, the brunette wanted to take their relationship to the next step. Audrey knew that she wanted to spend her life with him. Hopefully Gwilym felt the same way.

"Gwilym, I've been thinking-", Audrey began, but she was left with her words in her mouth when Gwilym suddenly stood up.

"Holy shit," Gwilym exclaimed, staring at his phone in pure shock.

"What's going on? Is there something wrong?" Audrey asked worriedly, standing up to, at least attempt to, match Gwilym's height. She completely ignored what she was going to say, it could wait.

"The Golden Globe nominations are in. We're nominated for Best Picture!" Gwilym exclaimed, tearing his gaze away from his phone to meet Audrey's. His blue eyes looked like the ocean as they shimmered with excitement.

"Oh my God that's amazing!" Audrey said as she engulfed Gwilym in a hug. "Oh!"

Gwilym picked Audrey up and spun her around in celebration. He was so happy, it made Audrey's heart melt...and dizzy. "Gwilym!" Audrey giggled as her feet spun above the ground.

"I'm sorry, Drey. Im just so happy," Gwilym laughed as he lowered Audrey back onto the ground. "And Rami's nominated for Best Actor too!"

Audrey gasped in excitement. "I am so proud of you guys!" Audrey said before going in to hug Gwilym once more. He had come so far from the aspiring actor she had met and fallen in love with at college.

"Wait, weren't you going to tell me something, dear?" Gwilym asked, looking down at Audrey who had her arms wrapped around him.

"Oh," Audrey realized, having been caught off guard. "No, it's not important. It can wait," she smiled.

"Okay, great. Ah, I have to call the boys! I'll be back," Gwilym grinned before walking towards another room in the suite.