England's Teacup ( USUK )

Start from the beginning

"We have tea in America. Sweet tea, unsweet tea, peach tea, you name it."

"But you're not known for your teas!" Arthur exclaimed.

Alfred smiled softly and leaned back against the door. "The oldest known recipe for sweet tea was made in 1879 in a Texas cookbook."

England looked at him, shocked for words. Alfred definitely caught him off guard with a fact that England surely didn't know. When he realized he had been caught staring, he looked away and scoffed once more. "Regardless, you chipped my teacup." England unfortunately didn't have a good comeback and merely turned away even more from America.

Alfred's small smile faded away and he too looked away and down to the floor. "I know.."

It wasn't even his fault, not intentionally at least. But England could be so stubborn sometimes it wasn't even worth the fight. America's heart felt like it was being crushed into pieces and he didn't know if it would be better to leave now or to just sit through the painful silence England was putting them through.

Before he could make a decision, his thoughts were interrupted by England's words.

"You can always make me a new one," he suggested, still not looking at him although America was now staring at England. "Although," he said, "you won't be able to match the same color."

America smiled once more and tilted his head. "Why not?" He asked.

"Because it matched your eyes perfectly."

America's heart, in that moment, stopped for what felt like ages. His breath got caught in his throat and he didn't know what to say.

"Oh wipe that stupid look off your face you bloody git," England spat, blushing now as he noticed how stupid America looked. "Is it really that surprising?"

"Yes," Alfred said without a second of hesitation.

England blushed and rolled his eyes. "Well you can just make me a new one, then you'll be forgiven."

America was so happy, so giddy that he leaned over and surprised the Brit with a kiss on the cheek.

Arthur looked at him in bewilderment and if he wasn't blushing before, he was definitely blushing now.

"What on earth was that for?!" He choked out, his angry stance lessening now as his arms uncrossed and he faced America.

Alfred shrugged and his smile was unavoidable. "Just cause," he said, and then changed his mind. "Just as a thank you. Thank you."

Arthur didn't know how to respond, and before he had the chance to, a knock on the door let them both know that seven minutes was up and they were free to leave.

America opened the door and practically glowed as he proudly marched out, whereas the older county slowly exited the closet, shock and confusion still clear on his face.

The Brit grabbed the discarded blanket that was still sprawled over the couch and he tightly wrapped himself within it. He sat down between Ukraine and Prussia and avoided eye contact with everyone.

The night drawled on and England was still left in a puddle of confusion, his cheek burning ever so slightly from the unexpected, but welcomed kiss.

A few weeks later...

England sat on his couch after pouring himself a cup of tea. It was absolutely gorgeous outside, and England had a perfect view of the garden from his couch. He sat quietly, stirring in two lumps of sugar into his freshly brewed tea.

The events from the past few weeks had left his mind completely. Therefore, he was caught off guard when he noticed a package sitting on one of his tables. His eyebrows furrowed together as he carefully set down his tea and walked over to the package.

It was a baby blue box with a ribbon and a note attracted to it.

"To Arthur," the small note read, tied to the box by a clear, glittery ribbon. "I hope when you use it you think of me, xx Alfred."

His once furrowed eyebrows rose in shock and he carefully opened the box.

Inside, was a beautiful, hand painted teacup. Arthur immediately thought back to when they played that birdied Seven Minutes in Heaven game, and America chipped his favorite teacup.

The teacup. The kiss.

But then England remembered the one small detail. He looked at the cup and noticed it was green. Green? Why on earth would the blubbering idiot give him a green teacup?!

Arthur rolled his eyes and thought that America merely forgot that Arthur had said it was a blue cup for a reason. He shook his head and took it to be put with the rest of his collection.

And then he realized it.

As he approached the big glass cabinet that held his various teacups, he looked into his reflection and it was like a light bulb went off in his head. He looked down at the teacup in his hands and gasped.

"Incredible..." he whispered. He held the teacup up closer to his face and the colors were identical.

Alfred had painted the teacup to match Arthur's eyes perfectly. It was impressive, and England hadn't known how he missed it earlier. Honestly, England had no idea how the git pulled it off. After several more minutes of examining the teacup, he put it up and closed the cabinet.

He smiled, looking at his reflection once more before returning to his tea. However, little did he know that on the back of the note was another small messaged.

"Seven minutes went by awfully fast and I'd love to take you out on a proper date. Call me?"

If only Arthur read it.