19.| No More Lying

Your POV

The next few weeks became hard for me. The economy kept on going up and down, and to maintain the family company, I had to make some serious sacrifices. But mostly because I listened to Zhengting.

I had to let go some employees. Making the ones I had left work twice as hard.

But you gotta do what you gotta do to keep a company stable.

Once in a while, I would get a note, a letter, once I got another package. It was another doll, but this time it was talking. It was a doll that looked like Zhengting.

I didn't want to believe what I saw, but seriously... it looked like him.

"Yangmi." I jumped a bit.

"Sorry... I wasn't paying attention. What is it Jianyu?"

He smiled in a thin line before reaching out for my hand. "Tell me what's on your mind."

I didn't want to tell him what was going about these weird threats. So I lied- well, I didn't really lie. I just told him half the story.

"Just work, related. Don't worry. I don't want to ruin our date."

Oh, yeah. Jianyu and I are dating.

"No, I wanna hear about your work. It might help relieve some stress. After all, you're the CEO of Chung Industries."

After hearing him say that. I trusted him and told him what was going on. Telling how these contracts are asking for a high percentage for the money. Or how I overheard some employees talking shit about me.

The list went on. But I kept my mouth shut on one topic though.

"I really wish I could help you Yangmi... But I'm afraid I can't." He says softly. But I shook my head playfully.

"It's okay. Zhengting has helped me a lot." After I said that, I noticed the facial expression change. He actually told me about his family, and how Zhengting's father took the family business away from his family.

So every time I bring Zhengting up, he would always get upset at me.

My phone vibrated. I pulled it out of my purse and saw that Zhengting has texted me.

I turned off my phone and was about to tell Jianyu about it, but he just sighed hard and beat it to me

"My cousin wants you home right?"

I bit the side of my lip and nodded nervously. He got up and smiled brightly somehow.

"C'mon. I'll walk you to your car. I'm sure my cousin want's your home for a good reason."

My heart fluttered for his understanding kindness. Even if he doesn't get along with Zhengting. He didn't manipulate me to stop being business partners with Zhengting.

He kissed my head when we got to my car. "Drive safely." He says as I got in. I nodded back after closing the door fully. When I drove away. I looked at my rear mirror and just saw him waving. I smiled to myself while saying 'cute' under my breath.

Once I got home and was standing in front of my door; pressed in the passcode.

1225.

I said in my mind.

Twisting the door handle and opening the door, I found Zhengting sitting on the sofa with a decent sized box on the coffee table.

"Yangmi. You need to come see this." I suddenly felt so nervous. Nervous like... down to my gut nervous.

"What is it?"

"See for yourself."

I opened the box and there were stacks of papers. Multiple stacks.

They were information about Zhengting's company, somewhere even from mine, but these contracts dated back to before I was the CEO.

"What is all this?" I asked in a confused manner.

"This?! These are contracts, shareholders... From my company and yours. Some of these contracts aren't even legitimate. Your family actually stole from the J. Groupings back in 1995. As for my company... there are some flies that could exploit me to the public. There are rumours in there was could destroy me." He explained while I ran my fingers through my hair.

"This much, much worst for me Zhengting! These are the past of my parent's businesses!! Once a paper goes out to the public, and I mean just one! My whole family and reputation could go down."

I threw the papers back down before crashing down on the couch frustratedly, placing my head in the palms of my hands.

"Hey Yangmi... who's this anonymous person who sent this to you?"

I lifted my head and shrugged. "I really don't know..."

"What do you mean? This isn't he first time you got something like this?!" His facial expression was hard to explain. He was angry, nervous, confused, scared.

"Zhengting... I have been getting these weird letters, packages," I sighed hard kicking the coffee table. "My security team was working hard on trying to find who this is, but there's no traces. Ever."

He didn't say anything but sat down and pull me into his embrace. My eyes widened while his large hand rested over my head.

"And you didn't bother to tell me?" He whispers. I shook my head against his shoulder.

"Why?"

"Because... you had enough things to worry about. Plus this is something I can handle." Zhengting tried to act calm, but from the sound of his heart, it didn't seem like it.

"Stop lying to me about these things."

I pulled away first but he still held onto my forearms. 

"Yangmi... I don't think you and I are safe anymore. The fact that someone knows yours and our secret. It's just-"

"Making you anxious of what else this person knows... right?"

He nods.

"I also don't want you to hand out with Jianyu as much. Cut back on it. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I wanted to object. But maybe this was something I should listen to. 

"Fine... you too as well. No more going out to clubs and flirting with random girls." 

Zhengting smirked at me. 

"You don't want me flirting with other girls? You jealous?"

"Nothing. Just, playing with them isn't cool."

He just rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine, whatever."

Zhengting and I looked over some other papers, but something didn't quite make sense.

The writing... looked so familiar, and the way everything was worded. 

I just couldn't put my finger on it...

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!

Another update!!

I believe there is going to be at least 10 more chapters, and this book would be completed... so sad

Thank you for reading!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jennie<3