I Do, 35

Sarah Marshall. (2 Months Later)

"Sarah, lift up."

"I can't." I cried.

I was currently at physical therapy and I was getting frustrated because I couldn't lift up. The pain of trying to lift up after being restricted from moving for so long was so unpleasant. It wasn't unbearable, it was just uncomfortable.

My physical therapist sighed and sat down next to me. "Stop crying, Sarah. It's okay. I know it's still a lot of pain in that area, but it's going to get better. Come on, we're going to try it again, but this time I'll do it with you."

I sniffed, wiping my face with the towel next to me. "Okay."

"Alright, deep breath in and out," She said.

I laid on the gym mat, preparing myself to try to lift up. I took a deep breath and on her count, I tried to lift up.

"Come on, Sarah. Once you lift all the way up, we're going to end the session today." She encouraged, but it went in one ear and out the other.

I fell back down, tears falling from my eyes. I was super emotional because one, the pain and two, I know she's counting on me to just lift myself up and I really cannot do it right now.

"Sarah," she called out, but I ignore her, throwing my arms over my face, crying in my arms. I heard her sigh and walk away from me.

I laid there, obviously still crying because I couldn't lift myself up before I heard more footsteps coming toward me.

"Come on, baybeh. We bout ta go, aight?"

I nodded, rolling over onto my side. "Can you help me up?"

He nodded, quickly helping me up. "Why you actin like a baybeh in hea?"

"Because," I did a kid like hiccup, rubbing my eye with the back of my hand. "Because I couldn't lift up."

He smiled at me, shaking his head. "A fuckin baybeh is what you is. A fuckin chil."

He wiped my face with his sleeve and gave me a kiss. "It hurt and I really tried to get up, but it was hurting so bad a-and–" I covered my face again, crying into August's chest.

He grabbed my head, rubbing my back with his other hand. "I know, baybeh. Next week, ima help you and the therapist, okay? Stop crying, this ya first time doin any type of movin with ya lower body inna while. Stop allat cryin, lady."

He kissed my forehead and my cheek, before I pulled away. "I'm sorry."

"Don't start sayin you sawry fa pointless stuff again. We left that shit in the past, ya heard me?"

I nodded. "Yes."

August gathered my things as we prepared to leave physical therapy.

"Aight, see ya, Mrs. Pat." August said, waving at the therapist.

"Okay, see you guys next week. Sarah make sure to ice your ribs and do little things like stretching to lessen some of the pain you still have. Or you could just softly massage your ribs, but be very careful. They're still very tender and sore." She said and I nodded.

"Will do and again I'm sorry for crying and not lifting up." I apologized.

"Sarah," August said, basically warning me to stop apologizing.

"Don't apologize for that. You'll get better as time goes on. Just remember what I said about stretching and massages and you'll be brand new." She smiled, giving me that thumbs up.