Entering the Great Hall, Hermione saw Draco sitting in his normal place at the Ravenclaw house table. She saw Pansy discussing something with him while Crabbe and Cho seemed to be looking around the Great Hall and discussing what the decorations might be for the party - which was a formal attire kind of thing that would take place in the school's ballroom. Though, it wasn't a dance. Simply, a holiday celebration before most students left to their families. Walking to the Ravenclaw table, she noticed someone else sitting there. Someone beside Draco.

"Potter." She said, it was almost a growl. It caught Draco's attention fast.

"Hermione!" He exclaimed.

"Potter." Hermione repeated, staring daggers at the raven-haired boy beside Draco. "What are you doing sitting at this table?"

"Well excuse me, Hermione," Potter said. "I wanted to sit beside my boyfriend today."

"Don't!" Hermione yelled, slamming her books on the table. She scared a few first years. "Don't you ever call me by my given name. And you have no right to be sitting here! This isn't your table —"

"Again, I wanted to sit by my boyfriend." Said Potter.

"I don't give a damn!"

"Hermione!" Draco stood, hands flat on the table as he stared at her. "Stop." He said softly.

Hermione took in deep breaths that soon became short, shallow ones, before she began to cry. She picked up her books, gave one last look at Draco and Potter then left. Pansy noticed that Ron went to go after her, but stopped himself. She frowned, turning to look back at Draco and Potter. Potter was looking up at Draco who, quite scarily, was staring straight ahead with his jaw clenched so tight that you could see almost every muscle contracting.

"Draco." Pansy said softly. He just stood there. "Draco." She repeated, standing up and leaning towards him, resting a hand on one of his own. He looked at her, jaw still clenched. "Sit down." She whispered. Sighing as he sat down, Draco his his face in his hands. Hermione looked so upset, rightfully so. Harry was comfortable in her seat, a seat she's always had since first year. Granted, she had been avoiding it, but Draco knew that didn't mean Harry had the right to take it. He felt the Slytherin's hand on his back and a soft kiss to his head, and he knew Pansy must've been staring at the two of them oddly. She still wasn't used to it, but she had become accepting.

Classes had gone by quickly and Draco couldn't wait for the next day, Saturday, to be over. He had been dreading the party for so long that now that it was around the corner, he wanted nothing more than to get it over with. During the whole debacle with Harry's bet with Ron and Draco's pushed aside frustration with being a last resort, all Draco wanted to do was hide in his common room. But then he'd think about being Harry's last resort, being someone Hermione didn't want to look at.. He'd rather just suffer for a few hours at a social gathering. As if Harry knew what Draco was pondering on, he leaned over a pressed a kiss to the blond's neck, mumbling against the soft skin.

"If you keep thinking, you'll give yourself a headache."

They were sitting in Harry's room on the four-poster, Harry beside Draco who was sat with his legs crossed over each other. Draco chuckled, looking down at his hands which were laying idly in his lap. "Wouldn't be the first time."

Harry rolled his eyes with a smile, pressing soft kisses up Draco's neck, the boy's jawline and his cheek. Draco soon leaned back and turned his head to look at Harry, the ravenette's eyebrows were furrowed as he looked back at Draco.

"What?" Asked Harry. Draco blew out a heavy puff of hair.

"If I hadn't found out that you asked me last to the party, out of everyone, would you have said something?"