Prologue

"Draco Malfoy?" McGonagall called out. Young Draco Lucius Malfoy whispered to himself as he made his way up to the sorting hat, sitting down and looking out at the crowd of fellow students nervously. The hat was placed on his head, and it thought for not one moment.

"Ravenclaw!"

It yelled, leaving Draco relieved. McGonagall removed the sorting hat and Draco jumped up in anticipation to sit as his new house table, running down to said table and being greeted by several second and third years.

"Ronald Weasley?" The redheaded boy made his way past the crowd of first years, nervously fiddling with his hands as he sat. McGonagall placed the sorting hat down on his head and he huffed nervously.

"Smart.. Yes..  But clumsy.. You hold a very kind heart, I see.. you'd be perfect in.. Hufflepuff!"

Ron sighed, relieved. Standing up, he was directed by McGonagall to his house table. He smiled at her, thanking her, before he went to sit down.

"Hermione Granger?" McGonagall asked as she view the long parchment in her hand. Hermione Jean Granger took in a deep breath, telling herself to stay calm as she sat down beside McGonagall. The sorting hat was lowered onto her head.

"Quite brave.. Very smart.. Intelligent even.. But sometimes too intelligent for your own good.. I'll put you in.. Ravenclaw!"

The crowd of ravenclaws erupted into cheers as Hermione stood, making her way to the house table and sitting beside fellow first year, Draco.

"Hi!" Draco greeted her. She smiled, "Hello!"

"Harry Potter?" McGonagall questioned, looking from her position at the group of students. Harry James Potter pushed past a few, making his way up to the Sorting Hat as people whispered in their seats and in the crowd of first years. He took a seat before McGonagall placed the sorting hat near his head.

"Slytherin!"

It called out before it had even touched him. The entire Great Hall burst into gasps and whispers as Professor McGonagall told Harry to take his seat. He did so, delighting in the looks he was getting from people. Unlike people had guessed he'd be like, Harry loved the attention. Loved being looked at weirdly and wondered about. He saw it as leverage for certain expeditions he'd begin during his years at Hogwarts. Harry James Potter, Slytherin, son of Marauder James Potter, was sure to leave the school in ways it wouldn't imagine.