Chapter Four

The following days Potter had Draco on edge with stares and smirks, whistles in the halls and purposeful notes left taped to where Draco would usually sit at the Great Hall or in Charms class. Draco began to feel frustrated, and not only frustrated, but worried. Worried that Potter was going to try something. Since when, Draco thought, did he think about Potter? The Slytherin had done this on purpose to get what he wanted; a date and one last person to acknowledge his existence, one thing Draco hadn't done since breakfast several days ago. He knew it made Potter aggravated and he enjoyed every minute of it. The first note Draco had noticed was sat folded on his plate in the Great Hall, reading;

"Enjoy your breakfast, Malfoy."

Draco had quickly ripped up the piece of parchment when Hermione had asked what it was, simply throwing the pieces away once they had left for class. The second note he found the following day in the drawer of his Potions desk. Said note read;

"I caught you looking at me at breakfast yesterday morning. See something you like?

- H"

Oh, an initial, Draco had thought with a scoff. It was as though Potter thought Draco hadn't known who left the first note. Obviously he did. Oh, and he was in no way looking at Potter. That evening as he was wandering around the halls doing duties as prefect, he found a note tucked into the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room. Draco, being curious, had taken the note and groaned when he read it.

"Surprised you haven't addressed these yet. I know you're getting them. If you'd like to discuss, meet me in the courtyard tomorrow night, seven o'clock. Sharp.

- Potter."

Draco quickly crumpled the note up and shoved it in the pocket of his school robes before he entered the Ravenclaw common room. When he entered, a bushy-haired girl came running at him, engulfing him in a hug.

"Draco!" The girl exclaimed. It was Hermione. Draco grunted as he stumbled back slightly, soon wrapping his arms around Hermione who was clinging onto him. Moments passed and she finally pulled away, Draco looking at her oddly.

"Everything all right?" Draco asked.

"Potter scared Pansy half to death at supper! You'd been gone since classes were over and no one knew where you were."

"What did he do?!" Draco exclaimed. Hermione sighed.

"He put a snake in her robes."

"That little shit." Draco huffed, "Is she all right?"

Hermione shrugged. "She's upstairs if you'd like to ask her yourself. She said she's fine." Draco nodded, pressing a kiss to Hermione's head before he headed to the dormitories, wandering around until he reached the room Pansy shared with Hermione, Cho Chang and another Ravenclaw. When he knocked on the already open door, he saw Pansy mindlessly waving her wand around.

"Pansy?" He said, grabbing her attention.

"Oh! Hello, Dray." Pansy said, smiling at him.

"Hermione told me what happened at supper. You all right?" He asked, walking into the room to stand at the end of Pansy's bed. She looked up at him and nodded.

"Yes, I am. Potter is an arsehole, but no harm done."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!" Pansy laughed. "I'm sure, Dray. It's fine."

"He's been writing me notes." Draco muttered, sitting at the end of Pansy's bed. Crawling over to sit beside him, Pansy frowned.

"What do you mean?" She asked, resting a hand on his shoulder.