viii

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires." Clary asked Jace.

The group, minus Alec, are standing in a queue in front of the bar that Clary and Jace went to the previous night.

"Relax, all Downworlders hang out here. We just came on vampire night." Jace soothed the girl.

"Right. And when is all this gonna sound normal to me?" Clary asked, titling her head in confusion.

"I don't know." Jace just shrugged.

"All clear." Alec made his way to stand next to Apollo.

"Do you think red's my color?" Isabelle asked the god next to her.

"Iz, with a body like yours, everything's your color." Apollo shook his head at the girls antics. She knew red was her colour, she just wanted the compliment.

"Good point. Damn, I make this necklace look so good."

"Will you take it off? I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange." Alec sternly demanded. Apollo nodded, knowing how Magnus is.

"You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." Apollo snorted and Alec just rolled his pretty eyes.

"Can you just give it to Jace?" Alec muttered, taking Apollo's hand to calm himself down.

"You're such a buzzkill." Izzy sighed.

"Blend in. Keep your weapons ready." They headed into the building. Apollo followed Jace and Clary, removing his hand from Alec's hold.

"Magnus." Apollo called out, but instead of greeting him as a friend, he gave Magnus a look, which the warlock quickly deciphered what it meant. Apollo and Magnus had to act like they aren't best friends, for Magnus' protection. Magnus nodded at the trio.

"Clary Fairchild. You've grown into a beautiful young woman." Magnus complimented the ginger.

"Magnus Bane. So you're the one who stole my memories." Clary glared.

"Clary! What the fuck!" The god seethed, turning to the girl with eyes ablazed. "This man helped both you and your mother and had now chose to meet with you even though it is dangerous to be out with Valentine hunting. He just greeted you with a compliment and you were just downright rude to him." Clary took a step back at her brothers angry tone. "You will apologise to him right now, or I will teach you some manners." He snarled out. Magnus gave Apollo a small smile in thanks.

"At your mother's request. She knew the risk." Magnus told the girl, not giving her any time to apologise to him. Magnus turned to Jace. "Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter."

Jace pulled the necklace out, dangling it in front of Magnus' face. As Magnus went to reach for it, the blonde pulled it away.

"Ooh. Give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry." Jace smirked, thinking he had the upper hand.