Chapter 2: A New Arrival In a Small Town

Start from the beginning

Surprisingly, a teenage girl answered, with brown hair and brown eyes. Hesitantly, I asked "Is this the house of Charlie Swan?"

The girl took in my appearance, my car in the driveway, and my luggage in my hand. " Your Perseus Jackson correct?" I answered with the answer I always give when someone asked me about my full name. 

"Yes, but please call me Percy. And you are?" 

"Hi I am Bella Swan, Charlie's daughter." I tried to cover my surprise. I didn't know that Charlie had  a daughter. 

"Oh nice to meet you! Is Charlie home?" She smiled warmly and I had a feeling we were going to get along.

"Yeah he is in the living room watching football. He is super excited to meet you, and he told me that he set up a room for you upstairs." She lead me inside of a pleasant looking house, nice and cozy, yet not small and cramped. A man was sitting on the couch. He has wrinkles around his eyes showing he smiled a lot, and he had an easy going air around him. 

He stood up and offered me his hand. I shook it. "Hello it's nice to meet you Percy!" I smiled and we hung around for a little bit, the three of us talking and getting to know each other. Then I asked Bella if she would show me to my room so I could get some sleep. After all, I am starting my first day of school tomorrow, not that I would do good anyways. Although Athena's blessing might help a little.

The room had blue walls, and I could just feel the magic pulsing on the closet, letting me know that Aphrodite had already worked her magic. I decided to test it out and put my hand in the closet, thinking about a cool black leather bomber jacket. All of the sudden I felt something heavy in my hands and I looked down to find the coolest jacket that I have ever seen. I was definitely wearing that to school. 

I decided to plan my outfit that would fit in with the jacket. I decided to go with the cool and mysterious look. I decided to wear black shirt, black ripped jeans, the jacket, golden watch, black shades, and white Nikes. I went to bed early, after I summoned myself a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. 

I literally dreamed about nothing. I was just floating in a place of nothing. Black surrounded me in walls, and nothing happened. That was until a beeping sound cut through the silence like a knife. My eyes flew open and I groaned as I got up. 

As I got dressed, I wondered what the new school would be like. Since this was a pretty small town, I was sure that news that I was now at the school would reach everybody by the end of the day. I knew that everybody would stare at me, especially since I owned a car that was a real living version of the bat-mobile. I couldn't risk changing the car's appearance since Bella had already saw it and she would question me how I have a "different" car.

I looked at the clock and it read 6:50 a.m., great, because now I have time to eat breakfast and get to school early so I could get my schedule. I walked downstairs to be greeted by Uncle Charlie. "Hey Perce, did you sleep alright?" It was nice how someone finally asked that.

"Yeah Uncle Charlie it was great!" I felt bad for lying straight to his face, but how could I tell him I have insomnia? That would lead to more questions which either A. I lie straight to his face, B. I avoid the questions by ignoring him, or C. I tell him the truth, which was really not an option.

"Do you want me to make breakfast?" I asked. I would really just stand in the kitchen making noises, and then I would just summon a plate of whatever they wanted, then say I already did the dishes.

"Sure Perce that would be great." he answered. I walked into the kitchen and started my plan. Then, I announced that breakfast was ready and I summoned a plate of waffles, bacon, eggs , and sausage. I got two plates, one for Uncle Charlie and one for Bella. I decided I would just summon a bowl of cereal. Bella came downstairs right when I set the plates on the table. "Morning Bella!" Charlie greeted.

"Hey Dad." she said. She then smelled the food on the table and jumped right in. I brought my bowl of cereal to the table and she looked at it questionably. "Why aren't you having the same thing as us?"

"Oh because when I eat to much, my stomach just cant put it down, do to some minor PTSD. " She and Charlie looked surprised but they didn't ask me about it, for which I was grateful. 

"Ok kiddos. I think it is time you get ready to go to school." Charlie announced. I inwardly groaned. If I got kicked out on the first day, it would be a new record. My current record, was being kick out on the second day. I brought out my mechanical spider Sarah and set her in my pocket, so that 

"Hey Bella! Do you want me to ride with you, you ride with me, or us go sperate?" Bella looked a little surprised. 

"I'll come with you if you don't mind. I am not the best driver.(just pretend she isn't)" I was a little surprised about her confession. Either way, I opened the car door for her and she looked at the interior in amazement. " Would you mind telling me how you have the bat-mobile?" she asked. I blushed a crimson red.

"That, my dear, is  secret for another day." was my only answer. She didn't press. On the way to school, I sped a little bit,  and got an earful from Bella. She was really nice though, so I didn't go against her, and only nodded. Finally, we pulled up to the high school. As I drove through the parking lot, eyes turned, stopping mid-sentence to stare at me. To say it was creepy was an understatement.  

Finally, I spotted a parking spot, on the other side of the building entrance. "Sorry about the walk." I apologized. 

"It's no problem Perce. Thanks for the ride though." she responded. We walked in a comfortable silence. Until I realized I had no idea where I was heading. 

"Hey Bella?" I asked," Would you mind showing me where the front office is? I need to get my schedule." She nodded and leaded me to a small building, on the left side of the main one. We departed and went our separate ways. The older women at the desk looked up when I entered.

"You're Perseus Jackson correct?" I nodded. She handed me a slip of paper with dates and times, all with a certain class assigned on the side. " Your first class is English, which should be right down the hall. From there ask someone where your next class will be, and don't be late."

When I heard English, it reminded me of Paul, and a pang when off in my chest. I walked down the hall, to a door with a sign above it which read English, though I could barely make it out because of my Dyslexia. When I entered, I saw Bella toward the center of the class, and I felt relief course through my veins. She saw me and waved me over to an empty seat near her. There was some weird golden eyed, pixie like girl near her. Immediately I thought of Hazel, when I saw her golden eyes, and sorrow reminded me of how she betrayed me.

The pixie like girl extended her hand, and said " Hi! I am Alice! You must be Bella's cousin! It's nice to meet you!" I liked the girls exited energy, as she reminded me of a girl version of Leo. Well, sort of.

I extended my own hand." Percy. Nice to meet you too." Alice me and Bella chatted until class started. The teacher entered the room and I felt my jaws drop. It was Athena! Then I inwardly groaned. Although apparently, I hadn't inwardly groaned, but I had groaned. Everybody turned to look at me, and Athena narrowed her eyes.

"Yes Perseus. I am your teacher. I think you might find lots more surprises throughout the day." I knew the hidden meaning in that word. All the teachers would probably be the gods. Today would be interesting to say the least.

2330 words peeps. A little less than the last chapter, but still impressive if I do say so myself. Anyway, feedback and opinions are appreciated. Also, correct me if I am wrong on anything, you would save me from future embarrassment. Anyway, see you later alligators.

-avastar945/Ava