Chapter 4: Cold

~3rd Pov~

Template went through his portal angrily, storming over to the Waterfalls in an alternative universe. Almost immediately after he dropped his pen down, he went over a jumped into the water.

No, he did not strip, you perverts. If he doesn't even take off his gloves, what makes you think he's gonna take off the rest of his outfit in public? And besides, it should be fine. He'll just rinse himself before making some new clothes for himself.

Why didn't he just wait until after he make his new clothes, because he's still in public and some poor monster can see him at any moment. And if he was going to change, he doesn't want to do it in front of someone else.

He splashed into the water and swam over to the side to set his glasses down. It was freezing cold, the type of cold that gnaws into your bones and makes you yelp if as much as a drop lands against your skin. But he still needed to clean himself from the ink.

He dunked his entire body into the frozen cold water for a quick moment and tried to distract himself from the cold as well as relax in his own thoughts.

First thing that came into his mind was obviously his body, more specifically, the ink on his body. It would be a bit difficult to get off, but the reason why he was here in the first place.

He, after a few minutes of aggressive rubbing, he managed to get almost all of the loose ink off him. But anyone who had ink on them before knows how much of a pain it is to actually rinse it off, so some of Pale's ink was still technically on him. At least his bones were black or else it would have been as clear as day.

Template, after much difficulty, managed to pull himself up and set himself on the edge. Black water made a puddle where he sat as pins and needles pricked his already sore and aching bones. He thought he would be better off to go back in the water so that he wouldn't have to deal with his body being numb. But, in the end, Template decided he would deal with it.

Template flopped down soon after he pulled himself away, laying on his back as he quivered, wishing he was smart enough to make a towel before he stormed off into the water. Well, at least he wasn't mad anymore. But he wished he had something warm like a blanket or... 'I should stop before I think about it too much.'

Finally, after a few minutes of pure shivering and aching, Template managed to get enough strength to sit himself back up. He rung out his gloves (still keeping them on by the way) before grabbing his pen and making a portal, going to a secret place to change really quickly.

Little did he know of Pale's moment of freedom and what he was doing.

~Pale's Pov~

Flowing sapphire blue ink, slowly melting into my hands. It was void of everything, but I have something now, and that is what I wanted. With one swift motion, I shove the magic down my throat, the magic almost kicking in immediately as I felt heavy for some reason.

So I let the weight take over me, slowly letting myself sit down on the ground. If I did not want to do anything then, I definitely would not have now. I did not even want to watch ink on the wall or dress up, I just wanted to keep laying here.

A pit in my chest felt as though it was sinking as the rest of my body felt numb to everything else. Soon enough, tears started rolling down my face as small and weak sobs struggled out of my throat.

The struggling sobs soon became uncontrollable wailing. I couldn't stop crying, even if I somehow wanted to stop.

I could not help but hold onto my arms as I seeked any sort of comfort. But that was just not possible, I already knew there was not even a chance to change the way I feel. I still wanted something though, I still want someone. It did not matter who it was, just as long as they were here... But nobody came.

I continue to wail until my 'lungs' gave out and I felt too sore to make any more noise. I just scrunched up even more as the only sound I could hear were the sound of my tears and the small whines and whimpers I would make. Soon the silence filled my senses and all I could do was cry. Why do I do this to myself?

My eyes leak out more tears and let each one of them roll down onto the floor before a sudden noise burst the loud silence. It was the sound of soft steps against the ground.

"PALE, I SWEAR TO G-!" It was silent again, but I cried even harder.

Somebody came, but I don't want them here.