Instantly my fangs throbbed at the sight and I crawled across the bed, sitting on the corner and uselessly reaching out for it even though it was like five feet away. Mark looked up and smirked before reaching out, taking the gallon and handing it to me. I nodded my thanks, then took huge gulps of the sweet metallic liquid inside.

"How did we get this?" I asked tiredly, handing the gallon back. Mark lifted a spoon of cereal to his mouth. Lucky charms and instead of milk, blood. It was strange to see all the cute marshmellow shapes become red.

"Storm brought it for us." He answered, but that's all he would say. It made my stomach churn a little so I figured it was a good thing that I didn't know. I climbed out of bed, spotting a pair of folded up clothes on the dresser.

"Storm bought 'em for you." Mark said as I walked across the room, picking up a black and white striped elbow-length shirt and a pair of black cargos. I took them in with me as I went to shower, then came back all dressed as I ran my fingers through my hair. Mark was leaning on the edge of the bed before I spoke.

"Where're Amber and Storm?" I asked, sitting on the bed beside him. Mark only glanced up for a second, then shrugged.

"They went back to some general store. Dollar Something down the block. They said we need more clothes, but should go for the cheaper crap bought with cash." He answered, studying the screen. I sighed and fell back on the bed, folding my arms behind my head.

"I wonder how much longer we're gonna live like this." I murmured. Mark glanced down at me, cocking his head.

"Hopefully not too much longer. It'd be nice if I could sleep in a bed that I didn't have to share." He mumbled, averting his eyes. I blinked and looked at him, opening my mouth to question that statement when something flashed on the television screen, making my eyes widen.

"Oh no." I managed. Mark looked at me in confusion and turned to the television as a news reporter's face filled the screen.

"This is a news alert. Yesterday at 4:15 p.m. at the Wolf Creek Hospital, a patient was kidnapped. The patient's name being Markus Capulet. He was just diagnosed with emphysema. He was also suffering trauma to the head after being attacked shortly after Wolf Creek's first touchdown at the homecoming game. Witnesses say Capulet was heavily drugged after the pain had become too much for him to stay fully conscious. The kidnappers' names are being withheld, however, we've been informed that Wolf Creek Hospital's head of medicine, Kornelius Lee Grey's son was also involved in the kidnapping. We interviewed Mrs. Grey on the disappearance of her son and patient." The screen blinked.

A second later, I recognized my house in the background with my mother taking up the screen with the news reporter. I was stunned to see my mother's eyes rimmed in red, holding a tissue to her nose as my father put an arm around her tightly.

"I don't understand," She was stammering, "He came to visit his friend in the hospital and the next thing I know, he's taken by these... these people. Someone just snatched them out of mid-air."

A lie, I knew instantly, feeling like a fist had punched through my chest and clasped my heart tightly.

"Whoever's out there and has my son, and his friend, please. Bring them both back safely. Alexander was a good student. He worked hard. He had plans. He had a future." My mother choked on a sob and covered her face as my father held her close, looking at the reporter, who looked at the couple in sympathy.

"We've hired investigators to look into the situation more thoroughly," My father assured, stroking my mother's blonde hair, "We're doing everything in our power to return Markus and Alexander home safe and sound."