Breaking the silence, Charles asked his daughter “So, answer me, Priscilla. Did you hit someone?”

“I promise that I wasn’t over speeding! I am a law abiding citizen it’s just that I really didn’t see this guy walking in the middle of the road...and... And I stepped on the break but it was too late, dad. I swear I didn’t mean it! I rushed him to the hospital, good thing he’s alive, albeit unconscious.” She defended herself but her voice is a little nervous.

Charles and Ysabella let out a deep breath.

“Okay, sweetheart. Whatever may happen, if he’ll be filing against you, I’ll be here. As much as possible, talk to him if you could settle things without him filing a case.” Charles advised giving his daughter a stern look. He is one of the most famous and well-paid lawyers in their country. Helping her daughter in this kind of situation is expected but he needed to be a good father first.

“But if I find out you were breaking laws and hitting that man was the result, I’d have to ground you from using your car. You also have to surrender your license to us, understood?”

“Yes, dad.” Priscilla answered. “I swear I did not break the law.”

“You’re old and wise enough, Priscilla. I’m expecting you to be responsible.”

“I will take full responsibility forthe man, dad.”

After eating breakfast together, Ysabella and Charles left Priscilla and Natasha. The couple decided to go straight to the Kingdom of Havre Quiella so they went home to pack their things for their flight thatafternoon.

On the other hand, the people from the kingdom are busy preparing for the funeral of the crown prince. It was only yesterday since the royal family let the news become public.

Since the day that they’ve found out about Prince Stephen’s death, Princess Angelique has been crying like a baby. As an older sister, Princess Catherine, though very much depressed about his brother’s death too, decided to sleep and comfort her little sister. She needs to act as strong as she could be for she is now the eldest and she doesn’t want to make her parents nor her little sister feels worse. 

Catherine loves her brother so much. Every night, after getting Angelique to sleep, random thoughts about her brother, Prince Stephen, came rushing to mind. She would silently cry herself to sleep.

Today is such a busy day for the Kingdom, It’ll be the day that they would allow the people from the kingdom to join them in a mass for Stephen’s death.  Ysabella and Charles Hamilton, the best friends of King Leonardo and Queen Victoria, will also be attending. They are expected to arrive before the sun sets.

“Cathy?” Angelique said as she peeked at Catherine’s door. Catherine quickly wiped the tears in her eyes before facing her younger sister.

Cathy is  her nickname. Only her close friends or a family member would call her by it. Well, except for Prince Stephen. He would call Catherine as ‘Cath’ and would call Angelique as ‘Geli’. Angelique is usually called by her parents as ‘Angel’.

“Yes sis?” Catherine replied as she hugged her sister, flashing a smile.

“Wait, are you crying, Cathy?” Angelique said as she pulled away from Catherine’s hug. She then pulled her face close to her and examined Cathy’s face.

 Catherine then let off a sweet and fake smile to conceal her sadness.

“You are.” Angelique said as she softly patted her sister’s cheeks.

“Cathy, you can cry on me.” Angelique said in a soft tone as she hugged her sister who is now kneeling in front of her.

Tears came running down Catherine’s cheeks as if they were on a race. She was not able to hold it after hearing her younger sister’s words. She then hugged her tight as Angelique moved her hands up and down to Catherine’s back.

“You’re very strong, Cathy. I admire you for that.” Angelique whispered running her small hands through her sisters back. “Thank you, Cathy.”

While the two princesses were inside the room, Jason together with the King and Queen are getting ready to welcome Ysabella and Charles. Jason will be the one to fetch the two while King Leonardo and Queen Victoria will be present at the cremation of Prince Stephen. Of course the two princesses will be there too. They decided that the cremation of the prince will not be available to the public, only their family and close friends will be there.

“Buenas tardes señor y señora!” [Good Afternoon Sir and Ma’am!] Jason greeted upon seeing Charles and Ysabella. He then opened the car for the two and took their baggage and placed it in the compartment.

“We’ll go to the palace to drop off your bags and to freshen up. Then we’ll have to go to where the ceremony would be held.”Jason informed them, keeping his eyes on the road.

**

“This is the guest room, señor y señora” Jason informed as he gestured for the couple to come inside. The two servants following behind them immediately placed the luggage of the couple.

“Gracias.”Ysabella murmured to the two servants as they left which they immediately replied with a soft smile.

“I shall take my leave now, señor y señora. I’ll be back soon before we head out to the ceremony.” Jason bowed and turned around to leave.

“Gracias, hijo.”Ysabella told Jason as he was standing in the threshold of the room. “I know he is your best friend and you are grieving too right now. I think you should also rest.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Hamilton.” He smiled at her. “He is my best friend and I’m doing this not because I was tasked to but because he is my best friend.”

“You’re a good guy, Jason.” Charles commented, smiling at the man.

“Thank you, Mr. Hamilton.” With that, Jason left closing the room.

**

Ysabella started crying when the ceremony started. She couldn’t help it afterseeing her best friend crying. She could feel Victoria’s pain. Not that she had experienced what Victoria is experiencing right now but because she was afraid thatit would happen to her one day. She doesn’t want to lose her daughter yet.

 Aside from that, Stephen was really a nice kid. Whenever they would come and visit the Kingdom, Stephen was very hospitable. He also treatedthe two as if theywere  his real parents—One of the reasons why Ysabella and Charles would love if Stephen and Priscilla be together.

“Thanks for coming, Bella.” The queen thanked, drying her wet cheeks using her expensive handkerchief.

Ysabella quickly hugged her. “Vicky, you know even if you had not sent a plane for us, I would definitely come.”

“Thank you so much.” Victoria whispered as she enveloped her best friend into a hug.

“He was like a son, Vicky. He was such a great kid.”

“I know.” The queen sobbed.

“You’ll have to be strong, Vicky. I know you are.”

Be my Queen ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें