Chapter 3

They arrived on the fourth floor with no issues, the room they entered was filled with four or five other actresses who were rehearsing the lines. It made her a little calmer knowing that she wasnt going to be stuck waiting in a room filled with other hopeful actresses, she preferred a smaller gathering than a large one. After giving her name to the receptionist, who seemed already fed up with the day itself, she seated herself. She didnt bother to practice her lines as she already had them memorised in her head and knew exactly how she was gonna deliver them. She tapped her foot impatiently as her nerves grew with every name called. Alex had tried to distract her but failed miserably, Rose was simply to focused on this to take notice of her friends silly jokes.
"Rose Vulcano" a woman in a tight black dress called out, she looked very disapproving of the casual clothes that the two girls were wearing. With a deep breath she stood sending Alex a small nervous wave before disappearing behind the door.
The room wasn't small nor large, its walls were white and grey giving the room a spacious feel. A table had been set up neatly at the back centre of the room, three seats set up for the three people present. The director, the Casting director and the script writer. They all sent her a welcoming smile as she entered, she smiled in return as she stood opposite them. The director scanned her body up and down in a very proffessional manner, as if checking her body type was right for the costume. "Hello Rose, dont be nervous" the director gave a knowing smile, she nodded taking a breath. She watched as they set the camera up "okay, when your ready can you start delivering your lines, ill read arthurs lines in this scene for the purpose of your audition. Understand?" she nodded as she cleared her throat. "Im no leader. Im not a king" and there it was, her faeatures took on a serious yet determined look as she spoke confidently "Atlantis has always had a king. Now it needs something more". With a smile the director read the next line, "Well, what could be greater than a king?" he watched as she subtly smirked slightly as she replied "a hero". She watched as the three of them conversed between themselves, this part felt awkward for her at every audition. She had hoped that she had maybe impressed them enough to get the role. Before another thought could enter her head, he found herself being watched. They seemed impressed but she wasnt sure enough to start getting her hopes up. "Rose, we'd like to test something if you dont mind" she nodded with a look of interest "of course" the director nodded gratefully as he headed to a door she had failed to notice, he opened it to allow another person into the room. Her heart raced at the sight of this person, he was tall, his dark long hair and beard defining his facial features. A scar close to his eye. aight her attention as he approached her petite figure. "Hey there" he smiled brightly at her as she stared at him in shock "err.. hi?" she cursed herself for becoming a stuttering mess, be professional! she told herself. He chuckled as the director spoke up once again, "okay, Rose if you could deliver those lines again just as you did. I want you to direct the lines to jason, as you would if your cast for the role" she glances to Jason who is already grinning at her "okay".
She stood straighter waiting for her cue line "Im no leader. Im not a king" her features changed to their previous state of seriousness and determination as she confidently spoke in a strong voice.
By the end of their little acting sequence, all four people were applauding her, Jason even looked at her with pure adoration. It made her feel proud of herself, she gave a small bow earning a chuckle. "Jason" the director signalled for Jason to join them in their little huddle by the table. She watched as they whispered amongst themselves, sending glances her way every now and then. She stood awkwardly, she was becoming more worried by the second as they continued to discuss whatever it was they were concerned about. After what felt like years, they turned all looking pleased, especially Jason. He smirked as he spoke "welcome aboard Mera".