It was then that James spoke.

"Harris has been doing his job well. He's been taking care of Nadine. Good thing too, that I asked him to apply for this post because I don't think you can take care of her and I wasn't wrong." He said. He looked calm but there was anger in his eyes.

"What?!" Zenaida hollered.

James sighed. "Harris is under my employment. He applied for his post as Nadine's bodyguard under my order. He has been reporting everything to me, including the contents of what he reports to you." He said simply.

Zenaida was too stunned to say anything.

James started carressing Nadine's back as he continued speaking.

"Nadine will be moving in with me. I don't want to leave her with you. That's also what she wants." He said this time.

"What are you talking about? You have no right to decide for Nadine. She's--"

"Actually, I do." James said, cutting her off. He then raised his left hand. Zenaida was confused at first and then she realized he was showing her his ring.

His wedding ring.

Zenaida couldn't help but gape.

"She's my wife and she's carrying our child." He said calmly. "I tried to give you a chance to take care of her but what did you do?" By now, anger was already seeping through his words.

"You made her your prisoner and your puppet. You didn't care that she was miserable even if she was doing everything you asked her to do. You didn't think that she was overworked and has lost weight. You probably didn't even noticed. And you obviously didn't notice something was different about her. And now she collapsed." He said. "So I'll be taking care of them myself now."

"You can't take care of her!" Zenaida said. "What are you gonna do? Just leech off your father and brother for the rest of your life?!"

That was when Tristan started laughing quite hard.

Zenaida turned to him, insulted.

But Tristan was looking at Dennis. He seemed to still be in shock, and also quite afraid.

"Have you realized it yet, brother?" Tristan asked.

Dennis frowned at him, but the fear in his eyes were still there.

"Have I lost?" Dennis asked Tristan.

"Not yet." Tristan said. Zenaida was confused and was about to speak again but Dennis silenced her with a look.

"But, yes. You should be worried about your company. Just a bit more. and it'll no longer be yours but James's." Tristan said.

Dennis turned to James.

"You... you're the investor." He said. "But how..?"

"James has been a player for years now." Tristan said with a smile. "Remember that hotel who's gaining popularity now and who has even snatched some of our investors?"

"Elysium." Dennis muttered.

"Yep. It's James's." Tristan said. "And remember that mining company in Baguio you had shut down?" He said relentlessly.

"Yep, also James's now." He said happily. "Zenaida, James can probably give Nadine the world if she wants it. So you really don't have to worry."

Both Dennis and Zenaida wasn't talking anymore, both too stunned.

Nathan had stepped forward.

"We also now own 30% of Empyrean's shares. And if we add Nadine's, it'll be 35%. That's only 5% short of the shares you hold." He said, looking at Dennis.