never let me go.

"Savannah? Is everything alright?"

"Everything's fine."

"Are you looking for Haley?"

"No, um, actually, I wanted to talk to you." Neal was taken by surprise. He barely had one real conversation with Savannah and that was at the prom a while back. They both sat down at Neal's table, sitting across from one another.

"What's up?"

"I know that you and Haley are dating, or seeing each other or whatever you wanna call it. I trust you with her 100%, and it's been a long time since I've seen her this happy. She doesn't give her heart to just anyone so for her to give it to you means that you are very important to her." She told him. A smile emerged on his face.

"How is she doing? I ask her and she says she's fine, how is she really?"

"Today was a little rough. I think she expects to be over it by now and I think she feels like she can't talk to you because you were shot where she was pushed aside. I've known Haley for a couple years now and I've learned that she feels like she's nagging someone by talking to them sometimes. She knows she isn't alone but she's too scared that she'll annoy someone."

"Been there, definitely felt that." A comfortable silence took over.

"That day scared the crap out of her. I've seen her get emotional a few times but that day and the days following, it was like she couldn't stop." Savannah glanced down at her hands. "My mom had told me that if someone starts crying at the thought of losing you, no one can love you more than them. I think she really cares about you but is too scared to say so."

Neal sat there for a few minutes, taking in what she had said. For the first time in a while, he was speechless. "Thank you for telling me this."

Savannah nodded in reply. "You know, now that you guys are together, that means we're friends."

"Does it?" Neal asked, amusement evident in his voice.

"Absolutely. We're going to be BFFs now. Time to accept it, you're stuck with the both of us." Savannah stuck out a fist in Neal's direction, patiently waiting for him to fist bump back.

"Okay, fine." Neal gave in, his fist meeting Savannah's. "Quick question, what's Haley's favorite flower?"

♔♔♔