ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟙𝟡

Just as the end credit rolls up, Nat lights her phone up, and 17:32 is displayed on the screen. She stretched her arms out and groaned in satisfaction as a soft cracking sounded out of her.

"I'm getting us pizza for dinner. Is that—" Instead of getting an answer, the former assassin stops noticing that Evelynn has fallen asleep on god-know-when.

"I will take that as a yes." She mumbled and stood up to get some blanket to cover the girl.

Evelyn's eyes grew heavy as she kept watching the sitcom. She didn't find the show boring, but her lack of sleep from a constant nightmare for the past few weeks has been tiring, and the coffee hardly helps anymore.

Her surroundings changed from sitting on the furry rug with snacks around her to the creaky, dark wooden floor that wasn't a stranger to her.

The smell of dead creatures, the cheap air of cigarettes, and the hot air causes her to sweat profusely.

Yes, she knows where she is.

Home. The place where she was raised and grew up together with her mother.

And the place where she also lost her.

"There you're lil' tweety."

Turning her head back at the voice, the image of herself at the age of nine stares at her mother, who is walking down the stairs with a smile decorating her lips.

"It smells funny under this plank." The young brunette knocks her knuckle over the said wood.

"I knew it!" Evaleen narrows her eyes knowingly as she marches near her daughter. "I thought I was going crazy! Let me see. We need some tools for this. Maybe Al has something—"

"There's no need for that, mommy." Evelyn softly states as she effortlessly moves the plank away. "It wasn't attached in the first place."

The oldest Dyne covers her nose from the solid foul smell, but her expression turns confused. "Odd." She states and peers into the hole. Her face turns white as a sheet, and she lets out a shaky breath. "D-did you put this inside?"

Evelyn shook her head, not least affected by the content of the hole, but she wasn't surprised by her mother's reactions as there's a—

"Eve—"

"Eve, wake up. The pizza here."

Taking a long deep breath. "Is there pineapple on it?" She mumbles, eyes still closed.

"What are you? A psycho? Get up and wash your face." Natasha gently pats the girl's head. "I bought diet coke for you. Is that okay?"

Taking off the blanket, Evelyn snorted. "Who the psycho now? Diet coke, my ass—" She lowered her voice on the latter and walked straight to the kitchen upon noticing it was getting dark outside.

Wetting her throat with the third can of diet coke, Evelynn didn't look away from scrolling through the tab that belonged to Steve. He hardly used it as he preferred good old-fashioned newspapers and notepad.

Dusting off the crumbs of her hands, the girl becomes intrigued by a discussion over dissociative identity disorder (DID) by a man named Marc Spector on Reddit.

Unlike the ladies, Loki stirs his tea instead of having a can of diabetes drink. He took a sip and decided to shower whoever the maker was with curses.

"Anything good?" Natasha asks, distracted by the girls' intense looks.

"Maybe—" The brunette shrugs. "I was thinking about Doc's conditions."

"What about it?" The former assassin wipes her mouth with a napkin.

Loki merely glanced at the youngest Stark and settled to join them as he sat beside the girl.

"Does he have a DID since he can turn to jolly green bean or Hulk, just some dude sharing his body with Doctor Banner?"

"What's the difference?" Loki adds as he quickly confiscated the fourth can, which Eve was about to open and slid her a water bottle instead. "Enough sugar for you. I'm not going to have you jumping around like a chimp when I'm sleeping."

The brunette's jaw tightened but didn't argue with the god as she low whined under her breath while opening the bottle.

Natasha snorts as she watches the two bickerings. "You implying that Hulk could be a spirit or wandering soul trapped inside Bruce's, right?"

The girl nods.

"I'm surprised that you believe in that theory."

"I shared a room with a Norse god and a floating metal with a soul who knows no boundaries sleeping two floors under me with a magic girl and a silver roadrunner. Elaborate—"

Pursing her bare lips, Natasha sighs loudly, understanding the girl's curiosity. "Well—those questions do come up before. But I don't think I deserved to be the one who told you about it. This is a big part for him, and I think it's better if you ask him directly."

Evelynn hums, nodding her head understandingly. "Are you going to come with me when I ask him or were you too traumatised by green pea?"

Loki narrows his emerald eyes at the mortal, and without answering her, he stands up and walks away but stops as he states. "You sleep on the couch tonight."

Both ladies watch him walk out of the kitchen in silence, and the young brunette is the one who speaks first after the god disappears.

"I swear sometimes it felt like we were an old married couple. One act like they are too cool to speak, and another have too much PTSD."

"You have PTSD?" Natasha gave the girl's worried look.

"What? No. Well, maybe, but I'm the cool one. He the latter."