14 | Catherine

I arrived at Ashe's house. The curtains were shut and the lights were off.

The moon shone bright as I walked up to the door, a crutch on my right for support. I climbed up the porch and knocked. Few minutes later, Ember opened the door.

"Is A--"

"Yeah. She's here." Cutting me off, with a sweet tone.

Ashe came running up behind Ember pushing her out of the way. "Oliver!"

She invited me in and insisted we go out for dinner to celebrate Oliver's, or my, return.

Yet, I felt dizzy. Old memories were coming slowly, piece by piece to me. Yet they weren't mine. They were Olivers.

Standing up from Ashe's couch, "Sure. I'd like to get out of the house."

"That's understandable," Ember said.

"But, won't people see I'm human? Isn't that dangerous like Ashe said?" I asked, forgetting I was now, a furry.

I could hear them both mumble my name. "Thomas."

Ashe said in a rushed, mysterious tone, "Tho- Oliver," I knew what she was going to say. "Will you go wait in the jeep? I just need Ember's help to get ready."

"Yeah, sure."

I opened the jeep door and got in. Processing memories that were still coming to me.

Someone knocked on the window.
Cranking the handle to roll the window down, and talk to the stranger.

It was a white fox. Just about as white as snow.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Maybe you can Thommy." The fox said.

"How do you know my name?"

"I know more than you could imagine. Anyway, I'll be seeing you a lot over the next few days Thomas."

"Who are you, and what do you want?"

"I guess I need a definitive name. Call me Catherine. We'll talk soon. Your friend is coming outside."

I looked over at the door, and sure enough, Ashe and Ember were coming towards the jeep. I looked back at the window and Catherine was gone.

I started the jeep, and we were off to dinner.