2% accepted

"Everytime. Everytime it feels as if your against the world alone."

Tyler

Tyler

I sat there in my dining table and played with my fingers. I mumbled one of my favourite songs, called lovely.

"Isnt it lovely, all alone? Heart made of glass my heart of stone."

Then all of a sudden my phone chimed. I reach for it on my back pocket and look at the caller id.

Unknown.

I gulp down a little bit before accepting the call.

"hello, is this the suicide hotline?"

"ummm, i think you might have dialed the wrong number "

"its fine, i shouldnt have called anyways,
its not like theyre helpful. i should go-"

  "i may not be the
                     suicide hotline but I can assure you,
                                                  Im a good listener."

"You dont need to. I wouldnt want to
waste my time, to a complete
stranger."

"Okay then, Isnt that the whole reason for the hotline? To call a complete stranger to try if they'll prevent you hurting yourself?
my name is Tyler by the way."

"I-umm. Okay then, Im Billie."

"Your voice and name sounds oddly familiar."

"I get that a lot with phone calls."

"Oh okay, well then Billie.
You can tell me everything and Ill try my
best to make you feel at least
a little better."

"Well, I wanna die."

"..."

"You still there?"

"Yes, just go on."

"So, I have this feeling that I get mostly everyday. Where you really dont have a problem but you just wanna end it all. For absolutely no reason. Every time, every time it feels as if your against the world alone. Thats all I guess."

"Well, Billie. I get the same feeling maybe twice a year. What I do to solve them is think about the people who love you. What would their reactions be when your no longer here? Your lifeless body and your mind drifting off to a peaceful place, whilst your loved ones blaming themselves for making you do such thing. Look here Billie, theres a lot in this world you can do."

"..."

"Theres a lot of things you can do in the future! You undergo puberty, fall in love miserably, get married, and be able to have children! Think of how lucky you are because... I myself wont be able to achieve the last one."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, its just that. I cant conceive *chuckles*"

"Oh, well you can adopt. Im sure theres a child out there just waiting for you."

"I know Bil. Im planning on doing just that in the future."

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"Thank you for being my suicide hotline. Now would you mind if you'd do the honors to be my friend?"

"We already are Billie."

"Really?"

"Of course! You seem pretty to cool. Also cause Ive told you a secret I only tell with someone Im comfortable with."

"Thank you, again! Im so happy."

"So am I, Bil. So am I."

"*giggles*"

"So Billie, where do you live?"

"Los Angeles, you?"

"Same!"

•••

We continued getting to know each other by then. Billie lives just an hour away from me and she said she'll be back in a few days so we can hang out. I still have this feeling that I know her from somewhere. It was now midnight. Ive kept Billie company for a few hours but I wont complain. I enjoyed her company, I wish she did so too.

We said our goodnight and ended the call, a smile formed my lips.

I cant wait to meet Billie.

I reach for my phone and snap a quick picture.