"Bye!" She waved goodbye to her best friend, who quickly left the diner.

Peter and Ned were discussing what was going on with the Vulture, and how to find him. They made sure to talk as quiet as possible, so Megan couldn't hear, but they're not that smart at hiding things.

She heard bits and pieces of their conversation, and the only thing she could get out of it was Peter going out this upcoming weekend to find some location.

Still, she wasn't suspicious enough. It wasn't really her business, but at this point is was like they were trying to make it her business.

•••

Scott made an appearance at the diner, the only times he was there was when it was to work. "What brings you here?"

"I'm done with my classes for the day, I thought I'd stop by and visit my favorite gal." Scott stated, opening up a menu, having a look.

"So, what would you like?" Megan asked. "Or do you need a minute..."

He quickly closed the menu. "Actually, I'd kill for a chocolate milkshake and fries."

"Your wish is my command." She joked.

When she came back with his order, she just had to ask: "You never come here on weekdays, so why now?"

"It was actually nice seeing you on Saturday, made me remember the good times from last year." Megan reminisced on all the nonsense those two did last year. Gym class would never be the same without him there. She'll never forget the time he accidentally hit the gym teacher with a hockey stick.

"I'm glad you enjoy my presence." She smiled.

"Why wouldn't I?" He chuckled.

"Probably because I'm the lamest person ever?" Scott laughed at her. "You're definitely not lame."

Megan wasn't believing him. "I beg to differ, Wilson."

"Well, I'm right, and you're wrong." He smirked.

Another customer arrived, and sat at one of her tables. "Enjoy your food, this conversation isn't over."

"Wasn't planning on it being over!" Scott called out as she walked away.

As Megan walked past Peter, he elbowed her a little bit. "Someone seems to be flirty."

"Suck my dick, Parker." She sassed. "I have work to do."

Peter rolled his eyes, surprisingly going to serve one of his tables. She knew that Scott was just a flirty guy overall, but the fact that he was 18 didn't really help his case. He was still a good guy though, and he was kind of like the brother she never had.

Returning back to Scott, who had scarfed down his fries, was very happy to see her. "Amazing service. 10 out of 10."

She giggled, then went to place the check on his table. "I'm a pretty average waitress."

"I think my tip will be the judge of that." He said, smacking $20 on the table. "Keep the change, Meggy."

He didn't order much, so she basically got a $10 tip, which was a pretty nice tip. Scott left, only waving goodbye.

Half an hour later she clocked out, and walked home with a spring in her step. Appreciation never felt this great.

At home, her parents noticed she arrived home happier than usual, as she usually was moaning and groaning the moment she walked through the door from work. But today was definitely different.

•••

Terry is dead bye (cough kingstonupontom moonburnme)

PSA! Scott is NOT an actual potential love interest! He's a grown ass man! He knows better! Megan def knows better! He's a very charming man! Thanks for coming to my ted talk.