The Pandorica Opens

Start from the beginning

**********

The Maldovarium 5145

River is at a nightclub with a blue skinned man. "Well now, word on the belt if you're looking for time travel" Dorium tells him.

"Are you selling?"

Dorium snaps his fingers and an alien brings a box, "A vortex manipulator, fresh off the wrist of a handsome time agent" he opens the box and sighs, "I said off the wrist" the alien takes the box away, "Not cheap, Doctor Wolf. Have you brought me a pretty toy?"

River takes off one of his earrings, "This is a Calisto Pulse. It can disarm micro-explosives from up to twenty feet"

"What kind of micro-explosives?"

"The kind I just put in your wine" River smirks.

**********

Tardis

Andy is studying the engagement ring that he found in the Doctor's jacket pocket, "Vavoom!" the Doctor says taking his attention from it. He hides the ring before the Doctor can see it.

"Va-what?"

"I can't believe I've never thought of this before. It's genius. Right. Landed. Come on"

"Where are we?" Andy asks her.

"Planet one. The oldest planet in the universe. And there's a cliff of pure diamond, and according to legend, on the cliff there's writing. Letters fifty feet high. A message from the dawn of time and no one knows what it says, because no one's ever translated it" the Doctor explains, "Till today"

"What happens today?"

"Us. The Tardis can translate anything. All we have to do is open the doors and read the very first words in recorded history" they go outside and read what says on the cliff. It says Hello sweetie with some weird symbols underneath.

 It says Hello sweetie with some weird symbols underneath

"Vavoom" Andy says amused.

**********

Salisbury Plain

The Tardis materializes at the edge of a wood, on a hill. "Right place?" Andy asks.

"Just followed the co-ordinates on the cliff face. Earth. Britain. One oh two am. No, pm. No, AD" the Doctor says looking at her wrist watch. They look down on a Roman camp.

"That's a Roman legion" Andy points out.

"Well, yeah. The Romans invaded Britain several times during this period"

"Oh, I know. My favorite topic at school. Invasion of the hot Italians. Yeah, I did get marked down for the title" Andy says.

A soldier runs up and salutes, "Hail, Cleopatra!"

"Hi" the Doctor greets confused.

"Welcome to Britain. We are honored by your presence"

"Well, you're only human. Arise, Roman person" she tells him.