The Eleventh Hour

Tardis

The Tardis flies out of control over London. The center console sparks and the room are in flames. The doors are open, and the newly-regenerated Doctor is hanging on by her hands, sonic screwdriver in her mouth.

The Doctor begins to pull herself into the Tardis. She turns at the sound of a bell and sees that she is about to hit Big Ben. She uses the screwdriver on the controls and slips out as the Tardis speeds up, narrowly missing the top of the tower. She pulls herself inside, closes the doors and falls against them with a sigh. It lurches and spins out of control.

**********

House, Night

"Dear Santa, thank you for the toys and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you" a young ginger-haired boy is kneeling beside his bed, eyes closed, saying his prayers.

"But honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall" He turns to the wall where there is a crack spreading across it. "Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack, but...I know it's not, because at night, there's voices. So please, please, could you send someone to fix it? Or a policeman. Or..." the boy trails off as he can hear the Tardis materializing and then a crash and glass breaking.

He turns his head towards the window "Back in a moment" He gets up from the floor, picks up a torch from the nightstand, runs to the window and pulls back the curtain. The Tardis has materialized on his side and knocked down part of the shed. There is smoke rising from it. "Thank you, Santa" He looks up at the sky.

**********

The boy steps outside wearing a red jacket and matching wellies

The boy steps outside wearing a red jacket and matching wellies. By the light of the torch, he makes his way through to where the Tardis has crashed. The doors suddenly open at the top and a rope with a grappling hook is thrown out. It latches onto a lawn roller. The boy watches as first one hand then the other come over the edge followed by the Doctor's head.

"Can I have an apple? All I can think about – apples. I love apples. Maybe I'm having a craving. That's new – never had cravings before" She straddles the Tardis and looks back inside "Whoa! Look at that!"

"Are you ok?"

The Doctor puts both legs over the side, sitting on the edge "Just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library. Hell of a climb back up"

"You're soaking wet" He points out.

"I was in the swimming pool"

"You said you were in the library" He reminds her.

"So was the swimming pool"

"Are you a policewoman?"

"Why? Did you call a policewoman?" She asks him.