x. A MONTH LATER

AS THE four walk out into the livingroom, Icarus sighed, putting the gun down. Jonathan walks further into the livingroom, as Steve muttered to himself, "this is crazy. This is crazy. This is crazy." Icarus looks at him. "This is crazy! This is crazy! This is crazy!" He shouted before walking over and grabbing the phone to start dialing a number.

"What are you do— what are you doing?!" Steve exclaimed when Nancy grabbed the phone and threw it. "Are you insane?" He exclaimed and Icarus sighs. "It's going to come back. So you need to go.. Right now. Please, Harrinngton." He says and Steve looks towards the door then back at him.

After Steve left, the three all spin around, the lights flickering as Nancy held Icarus' hand, the other one holding the gun as Jonathan held up the bat. "Come on. Come on, you son of a bitch. You see it?" Jonathan asked and Icarus closed his eyes, opening them again. "No." Nancy said, hysterical. She was shaking as she looked around. "Come on! Where are you?" Jonathan shouted loudly. They stop turning around as the lights all turned off, the creature appears behind Jonathan. "Jonathan!" Nancy yells.

Jonathan screams as he got onto the ground, the creature over him. Icarus raised the gun, and started shooting at the creature with Nancy behind him. It stood up, turning to him and Nancy. He continues shooting but then runs out of bullets. Icarus is taken back when Steve appeared in front of him, swinging the bat at the creature.

"Harrington.." Icarus mumbled. Steve keeps hitting the monster with the bat, until he got him into the hallway and stuck in the trap. "He's in the trap!" He shouts and Icarus looks at Jonathan. "Jonathan, now!" Nancy yells and Jonathan rushed over, turning on the lighter then throwing it. As the hallway lit up in flames, Icarus backed up a couple of steps back but bumps into someone, he immediately knew it was Steve.

"Get back!" Nancy says before spraying the fire extinguisher, taking out the fire. Then it got dark. Icarus felt around, feeling a hand and he grips it with his own as they all coughed. As the lights turn back on, they all walk closer, Icarus pulling his hand away from Steve's. "Where did it go?" Nancy asked. "It's dead. It has to be." Jonathan said.

As the lights in the hall light up, Steve raised the bat in his hand, looking around, alerted. "I don't think.. it's the creature.." Icarus whispered, the lights continuing to light up so he follows them, the other three following him. "Mom.. is that you?" Jonathan whispered and as they walk out of the house, they watch as the streetlight flickers. "Where is it going?" Nancy asked them.

"I don't think that's the monster. Like.. Icarus said.." Jonathan whispers as Icarus felt a hand slip into his. He breathes in heavily, looking down at their hands before he interlocks his fingers with Steve's. He lets his deep breath out as he looks back up. "Can we talk?" Steve suddenly whispered to Icarus who looked back at him right away.

"Sure." He says, pulling his hand away and walking into the house. The two enter one of the bedrooms and Icarus sits at the bed, sighing. "Why'd you cut your hair?" Steve asked as he raised his hand, ruffling Icarus' short hair. "I felt like it.." Icarus whispers lowly and Steve nods, looking down. "So.. what did you wanna talk about?" Icarus says as he looks at Steve. "Us." He says.

"There's an us?" Icarus asked with his eyebrows furrowed, a genuine confused look on his face. "Shut up." Steve whispers as he looks away. "Just to let you know.." Icarus says making Steve look at him again. "It was never Nancy, it was never Jonathan, it was you, Steve. It was always you. And it always will be you.." He says and Steve smiled widely at that. "Don't be fucking weird about it." He says as he looks away and the other teen chuckled. "No, it's not that, it's just.." He paused, looking at Icarus who looks back at him right away. "What?"