Chapter 10 - What Just Happened?

Song at the side is the song that I thought totally described Angie and Dan xD Imagine Dan singing it and play it while reading 

Chapter 10 - What Just Happened?

I wasn't able to sleep all night. I kept tossing and turning and thinking about my date with Jacob. I wasn't as excited as I thought I'd be, but I was very nervous.

It's only natural like Dan said, right? I told myself. I drifted off around dawn and woke up at ten o'clock when my alarm started beeping.

I groaned and slapped the Snooze button, cuddling under the covers. The date, that voice inside my head hissed, and groaning again, I pulled the covers off, revealing my Tweety Bird pajamas.

I glanced at the clock groggily, seeing it was 10:10 and sat up. I slipped into my slippers, rubbing my eyes and headed to the bathroom. I freshened up, brushing my teeth, washing my face, combing my hair, and headed back to my room so I could change.

What to wear on the date? I wondered to myself. Maybe Dan would know. 

Still in my Tweety Bird pajamas, I headed to the kitchen and made myself another bowl of cereal. This was really becoming a routine for me. 

Dan appeared in the kitchen, still in his sweats. "Morning," he greeted me cheerfully and I grimaced in response. "Well someone took their grouch pills," he noted, patting my head, like I was a dog.

"I'm just nervous," I muttered, fixing my hair. 

"About what?" he asked and paused. "Oh, right. The date."

I groaned loudly, shaking my head. "Dan! What do I do?! I can't face Jacob, I'll make a fool out of myself!"

"Too late for that," he muttered and I shot him a death glare. He smiled apologetically and put his hand on my shoulder. The gesture was comforting and safe, once again. "Just stay calm, Angie. I'm sure nothing bad will happen."

"How can you be so sure?" I asked, my eyes wide with fear.

He stared into my eyes and at first, I couldn't look away. His warm brown eyes captivating mine...I blinked and tore away from his penetrating gaze. "You need a good outfit," he finally murmured, sounding embarrassed and confused.

"I'll need your help with that," I said and smirked. "You do seem to have a feminine side to you."

Dan scowled and I laughed. He led me back to my room which was a complete mess. The bed was untidy, my textbooks were scattered everywhere, my dirty clothes were everywhere. It was more than just humiliating.

"Wow," Dan said, letting out a low whistle. "Someone needs to do some spring cleaning."

"Just look for an outfit!" I hissed, opening my closet. I gestured to my clothes and Dan thoughtfully narrowed his eyes, looking through each one.

"Not only do you need to do some spring cleaning, but you need to shop for more women like clothes," he muttered and I resisted the urge to kick his ass.

Finally, he pulled out a blue and white cardigan and a light blue tank top. "This?" he asked, raising an eyebrow hopefully.

"Anything works for me," I said, grabbing the clothes greedily. He rolled his eyes and searched for the right pants. I was fascinated at how good he was with things like this. He knew how to cook, how to clean, find the right clothes.

Dan sighed heavily and went back to searching. I exhaled and he suddenly thrust a pair of jeans in my hands. "I can't find anything better," he complained.