Chapter 22 - I'll Be Your Waitress For The Day!

Chapter 22 – I’ll Be Your Waitress For The Day!

I just love the song at the side ---> Angie and Dan's song <3

When I woke up that morning, Dan had already left for part time work. He would be back later, around noon, so he could go on his date, er, have his talk with Wendy.

I got ready for my first day, too. They had a pretty decent uniform: white collared shirt with black knee length skirts, or pants, if you preferred.

I went with pants. I felt more comfortable in them, and I didn’t care about looking like the world’s prettiest waitress. Like I’d told that witch of a manager, Lidia, I wasn’t working for a fashion show.

I tied my hair in a high ponytail and put on my best smile (slash grimace). Hopefully, all would go well.

Jo called and wished me good luck. “Maybe I’ll stop by later,” she offered.

“Great,” I said, relieved. “I’m on until four.”

After having a bowl of cereal (guess I was back to the old routine), I headed to the restaurant when it was quarter to twelve. Time to start the day.

                                               ****************************************

Dan Robin’s POV

It was twelve when I reached the restaurant, and I wasn’t surprised to see that Angie was running late. I should have known she’d use me as her personal alarm clock.

“Can I help you?” a young waitress asked, leaning closely towards me (hey, what can I say? I have that affect on women).

“Is Angie here yet?” I asked, oblivious to everything in the world except my little waitress.

The waitress blinked. “Who?” she asked, snapping loudly on her gum which smelled like strawberries.

It took me a moment to correct my mistake. “Angelina,” I said apologetically and it felt odd saying her real, long name out loud. “Is she here yet?”

The waitress’s eyes lit up. “Are you her boyfriend? Rumors are going around that she already has one.”

I couldn’t believe it was only her first day, first five minutes in the restaurant, and people were already talking about her. “Um, no. Just…is she here?” I pleaded, trying to keep the irritation out of my voice.

“I don’t know. Hold up.” She turned and cupped her hands around her mouth. “Angelina!” she shouted.

Moments later, a brunette with wide, innocent moss green eyes and a confused expression popped her head out. “Yes!”

I smiled to myself. Bingo.

The waitress gestured to me with great flourish. “Someone’s here for you.”

Angie leaned a bit, furrowing her eyebrows until she saw me and made a face. With that, she disappeared into the kitchen again.

The waitress just gaped. “What is wrong with her?”she muttered to herself.

“Everything,” I said with a smirk.

She glanced slyly at me. “So, you two friends or something?”

I shrugged. “Sure, I guess you could – “

The waitress’s jaw fell. “Holy, who is that?” she asked in awe.