Chapter two: Pathos

Começar do início

The level was a blue mountain range with a blood red planet in the sky, watching me from above. There was something odd about the mountains themselves. They had some kind of "shredded paper" look to them. I thought they were affected by the glitch as well at first, but that wasn't the case. It looked far too intentional.

I even noticed something different about this level. There were no enemies at all. Not even any obstacles to be seen.

Well, I should also mention that at the time I was playing through this, the point meter starts to become glitched up beyond comprehension. I found it odd, but didn't pay that much attention to it. So, I listened to the music as I went on in the level.

The music I listened to, without having to focus on anything, had a sorrowful feel to it. I've never heard it in a normal game, but I don't care. It sounded pleasant and calming.

The level went on for three screens, and I was able to finish it quickly, which was nice. I tried the same level type three times to see if any enemies would appear, but nothing happened. I was actually quite surprised. So, I decided to try the next level type.

I started the orange level, and my eyes were assaulted with these

I started the orange level, and my eyes were assaulted with these... grotesque, tumorous, orange eyes. The "sky" was the same as the ground. I figured this level must've been taking place in a cave.

The enemies I encountered were those Matango Spawn (I think that's what they're called). Those little bastards were everywhere. The music did not help me at all.

It was a mix of screeching sounds and drum beats. It sounded like a monster's theme from a horror movie. After I completed it, I planned to avoid playing through those levels whenever I could.

The map was short, so it was only a few minutes before my next rematch with Gezora, Moguera, and Tatanosaurus. But this time, when I fought the first two bosses, their sprites and attack patterns were vastly different.

I chose to fight Moguera first. Moguera's replacement was certainly strange. She looked like an anime robotic girl that resembled a strange alien creature. It felt like I was fighting Mothra, only she moved a little faster. She attacked by spinning her front tentacle like a corkscrew. She even still had an eye beam, but it fired from the drill, which was a strange move.

After defeating her, it was onto Gezora's replacement.

This strange lanky aberration with an anime girl appearance replaced Gezora, and was much more of a challenge. She would move at a faster pace, constantly using her arms to attack me. This made it difficult to get close to her, and she of course tried pinning me in the corner tried pinning me into the corner. It was annoying as ever.