Chapter 30: Part Three

Start from the beginning

She was probably on the phone because I didn't hear a second person.

"I don't know what happened but I think she needs you and if she doesn't then I need you to help me. I just....Im just scared"

That's all I heard her say before I fell asleep.

*

*

*

I had another dream.

I had a dream that I was dead and I was being carried by an angel. To heaven.

You know, I've never been too religious, so seeing that angel freaked me out a little.

The angel looked so familiar though.

Before I could figure it out, my dreams took a turn and I fell from the angel's arms.

Landing in a cloud of some sort.

I'll just tell you, that dream was weird.....like werd.

*

*

(Please be happy to name any of these askterisks. Goal: all of them should have names)

*

I woke up again. But it was a different feel.

Well, first things first I wasn't in my bed.

I knew that because the one I'm sleeping in at the moment had a hard-ish pillow.

I could tell that without even looking.

Another thing is, I felt a light weight around my waist and a hardness against my back.

I opened my eyes quickly, only seeing a wall.

I looked behind me to a sleeping Jack, his arm wrapped protectively around my waist, his other arm under my head, holding me as close as possible to him as he can.

I closed my eyes tightly, letting out a deep sigh.

I tried moving out of his arms slowly and quietly, lifting his arm off my waist but the only thing that happened was him pulling me closer to his body, him resting his head in my neck.

He pressed his lips against a part of my neck, leaving it there for a while, inhaling everything about me, then moving to a different spot in my neck.

"Jack" I whisper but he doesn't stop kissing me.

"Jack" I repeat louder and I hear him sigh.

"Let me love you real quick" he mumbles.

I would've chuckled lightly at what he said but under the circumstances I'm in with him, I couldn't.

I try my best to push out of his arms, him only holding me tighter and groaning.

After a while, I succeed and stand up next to his bed.

"What's wrong?" he asks, propping his head in his hand and staring at me intently.

"Nothing" I answer lowly, facing away from him and running a hand through my hair.

"Why'd you try to kill yourself" I hear the bed squeak.

I glance at him, seeing him sit up and continue staring at me.

I walk to the door, completely ignoring his question, I grab the handle, only to have Jack's hand on top of mine.

"Answer me" he demands.

I close my eyes and exhale deeply.

"I'm scared" I whisper and I can feel his breath on my neck.

"Tell me what's happening. What's wrong?" he replies softly.

"What's happening? I'm leaving," I close my eyes tightly, a tear rolling down my face.

"I'm leaving...you"

I turn the handle, exiting the room, walking quickly down the stairs and towards the door.

"Kayla! What do you mean!" he says before I reach the door.

"I'm hurting you, Jack! I'm putting you in harm and it's not safe for you to be around me. It's best if we... if we stop seeing eachother" I look away from him.

My hand reaches the doorknob, glancing at Jack one last time.

"Goodbye Jack" I love you, Jack.

*

*

*

With that I walked out into the chilly weather, across the street.

I never ended up going home that night.

I came back the next morning bombarded with questions from Violet and Walker and I gave them the same answer:

"Please leave me alone" and with that I'd lock myself in my room.

I did that for a week.

I didn't know what to to do.

I knew one thing, and I still do.

I still love Jack

And I always will.