"Advice To A Fellow Writer: Furthermore, In Simplet Hintuplets"; Part Two

I present to you my Writing Partitioned Subsystems Array filled with many ‘das boot subroutines,’ feedback quackloops, and proxy remote proximity control commands I use in my writings.

So, forget the previous technical filler jargon, and focus on your Real Life, and utilize the following writing pointers:

I begin with you keeping me a solemn promise, by writing it down on paper beer coaster, where there's a small empty area next to the Schlitz beer logo. Got it? Good! Now, repeat after me on a Gideon's New Testament Bible:

I hereby take the “‘Writer’s Everlasting Hope For Endless Improvement By Tireless Practice’ Pledge”! In it, my success is only my applied potentials, as I can teach myself to be my own English major. All I require is periodic practice, and an inexpensive cost of buying books on writing skills on occasion, but volumes of expertise & knowledge, waiting for me at my favorite reading desk or by a comfortable recliner. By reading these books, I will apply what I learn in my writing routine. Many of the skills I shall acquire can be adapted to my writings of any genre I shall chose, with possibilities of writing onto other horizons.”

Okay, now make a toast to your new life as a writer, throw back that last slosh of your fifteenth can of Schlitz, and get the shovel out of your ‘58 Ford truck, and bury the coaster you wrote the pledge on.

And don't forget to pat your wife on the head, and kiss your dog, as you head outside to dig down to China. Your forgot the coaster inside, writer.

So, as you are getting your upper body exercise out back, think of what specific genres may perk your interests? More specialized books include fantasy, science fiction, drama, theatre, screenplays, and plays, creative writing (a great topic!), poetry, lyrical writing, persuasive writing, critical writing themselves. I suggest you pick up three or four books on the basics of writing well, as well as a book on writing dialogue, and the specific genre you wish to explore for yourself.

Your limits are your available time, concentrated efforts, and memory of applied techniques, but all of the previous mentioned ‘limits’ revolve around One Sun: Practice!

On my writing thus far, I write as I speak. ‘Und cuz me speaks grammerlylike,’ I can “do no ‘wrong’! Then again, you noticed I used gobbledygook? But when I’m only on my second can of beer, how I speak is usually grammatically correct, as I buried all of my grammar books out back, next to Beijing.

As a suggestion for writing dialogue, I write as if I were embodied in another person, writing as though I’m speaking through that character, while also imagining how the character is speaking. You'll need an Ouija board for this, or stretch your brain over a wooden framework to diagram the previous sentence in understanding the full concept, or just read it over again fourteen times when I did an editing revision.

You see, it's all in the revision and editing in the end, a somewhat tedious process. But to deliver a writing that's comprehensible, you must first prove to yourself you yourself find it's has flow as you read your work to yourself, it's relatively understandable, and personally satisfactory, until you finally decide to make it your finalized draft, publishable.

My use of Wordcrafting can be a quirky approach, however, I look to push the bounds of my creativity, expressions, and descriptions, hopefully not at the sacrifice of the reader's patience, but to make something novel and unique about my writing style.

Moving from constellations of WordStars, onto WritingsGalaxies, consider keeping a “Writing Fragments Journal" as you go along in your days, collecting them on your handy phone, gathered notations at work, and when you think about your days as you sit at home, reflecting. It makes for preparation easy, and you’re cooking with dilithium when you sit down with your chosen writing fragments, composing a piece in a first draft.