four. interview

THE BELL RANG and I could feel the weight lay heavy on my shoulders knowing after this exhausting day I'd have to go be interviewed at the Daily Bugle

      THE BELL RANG and I could feel the weight lay heavy on my shoulders knowing after this exhausting day I'd have to go be interviewed at the Daily Bugle. I definitely wasn't use to going to school anymore, my previous foster parents attempted to warn me but I didn't listen and blamed myself for that. I excused the bathroom incident as a serious lack of sleep though the chills on my spine said otherwise. I avoided eye contact with Peter as I made my way through the crowd of students to get to my book bag.

"Marie!" I heard the familiar voice call from behind me and I attempted to pretend I didn't hear it. That was until he grabbed onto my arm lightly. "Hey are you okay?"

"Im fine. I have to go. I have that interview remember?" I spoke quickly in an attempt to get out as soon as possible. I wanted to finish the interview then go home rest and do major research on what hearing voices meant. The more I thought about it the more my heart started to race and I began to worry I was insane. It had something to do with my dreams, I knew that for a fact, but what did they mean? I pushed past Peter, giving a weak smile to a concerned looking Ned before exiting the gymnasium.

The walk from the gym to the gates of the school was excruciatingly long, especially with the panic attack that was bubbling up in the pit of my chest. It was one thing to have creepy dreams, but to hear voices was a whole other trauma. I buried my feelings and pushed past the students that stood around talking to their friends until I was finally out the gates and I felt like I could breathe again. I shuffled down the sidewalk to the public transit and jumped on, heading all the way to the back and sitting down. I just wanted today to be over with.

It seemed like everyone was staring at me, as if I was wearing a giant inappropriate sign above my head. The eyes on me made my overly conscious mind even more rattled. I feared that my interview would be a complete bust if I didn't take a minute to calm down. I could smell the distinct scent of someone who needed to take a tomato bath very soon. It looked as though I wasn't the only one considering the sour faces of a few bus members. I pulled out my cellphone from my pocket and started scrolling through newsfeed in hopes to keep my mind of my impending anxieties. One article enthralled me in particular.

'New York's Newest SuperHero.'

It was the perfect opportunity, I had plenty of free time that I could be spending searching for the Spider instead of laying in bed. I could offer them a hot ticket to paradise island with the money they'd be racking in from SpiderMan pictures. It seems to be all the buzz considering everyone knows who he is.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" An unfamiliar voice spoke up out of the blue. I automatically looked up upon realizing that the question was directed towards me. I saw a bearded man with dark brown eyes looking at me with serious thought. I gave him a weak attempt at a shrug. "Im sorry you just look very familiar." I realize this is why I felt eyes on me and I shrugged my shoulders once again. Thankfully the bus came to my stop and I shuffled through the people to get off. Queens was a busy place, people always on the streets during the day. I found it difficult to maneuver without bumping or tripping at least once every five blocks. It'd naturally become a game as I walked down the sidewalk; to see how far I could get without hitting anything.