two. fresh start

brief disclaimer!
this is two years after homecoming, meaning peter is around 17 to 18 which by then i would assume he is a lot more confident and less awkward and geeky (sad face). he's a lot more confident with his abilities and more in tune with comedic timing. js.

          GOING TO SCHOOL WAS a chore to say the least

GOING TO SCHOOL WAS a chore to say the least. It was difficult as is to get up in the morning when all you could think about is the endless regret and bad decisions you've made to put you in the position you were in currently. It didn't help that I continuously had the ominous dream every night. I had already done everything I needed to get ready for school, all I needed to do was eat. Although I wasn't exactly in the mood to.

I heard a faint knock at the door and I walked over to it, opening it slowly to reveal Jaimie with a small smile and a plate of breakfast.

"I thought you'd rather eat in here today, the bus comes by around 6:35." She told me quietly and I gave her a weak smile before taking the plate from her hands. I was gradually finding it harder and harder to be mad at them. I was hurt, and I didn't want to let it go. As Jaimie walked away I closed the door and plopped an apple slice in my mouth as I continued to think about life and my ambitions. I pulled up my phone and started searching the area for places that needed to hire someone. A few resturaunts showed up for 'bus boys' but I wasn't too keen on that.

When my eyes averted to the top of the screen I saw that it was five twenty and I decided to scroll for a little bit longer before picking up the bookbag that was set next to the door, full of all the supplies I would need or that were required. It was quite heavy which made me groan in distaste. As soon as I left the bedroom I felt my entire body begging to retreat back to the bed and my eyes aching from the beaming light in my face. I softly and quietly made my way down the stairs greeted by a familiar smile that I knew as Garrett's. He was like a nice uncle—but he wasn't my uncle. He was suppose to be my fake father, which I undoubtfully despised.

"You can stay inside until the bus comes." Garrett offered and I shook my head no.

"Thats okay, I'll go outside." I replied quickly, not giving him the option to tell me differently before I walked to the front door, immediately opening it and stepping outside into the cool morning air. I felt bad for being so tense around them, but those thoughts were quickly pushed to the back of my head when I saw the mass group of students talking and laughing at the corner of the street. It reminded me fairly quickly how lonely I was going to be. Although school was never something anyone really wanted to do—I constantly worked hard to get good grades and bump myself up to college level. Although the stress in my life never helped my focus. I found myself to be considered—overly passionate—about my education, only so I could graduate and move out. I was tired of being somebody elses kid.