"Katherine?" Oh no. I freeze, expecting a fan. I look over to my left and see a a tall man, with a stocky build. He has short brown hair and a goatee, and is wearing all black.

"Yes?" I ask hesitantly. 

"Paul Rosenberg. I'm Em's manager." I shake his offered hand, before I can say anything he continues, "He wanted me to take you backstage when you got here. Figured you'd rather watch the show from back there."

"He did, did he?" I look around the room. 

The stage looks like it's being set up still. The room is filled with noisy people packed in like sardines and gives off the pungent scents of sweat, smoke, and alcohol. The lighting sucks, the air thick with smoke, the music is bad, and the ground is sticky from what I assume-and hope-to be spilled drinks. It really sucks out here. But it's also not that bad. Plus it's been years since I've been on this side of the stage. I want the experience of drinking a beer and watching a concert with the rest of the audience again. I'm sure Marshall was thinking it would make it easier for me as a celebrity, but tonight I'd rather have a normal night amongst everyone else. So I ask "Has he been on yet?"

"No, he's on in about-" he looks at his watch wrapped around his wrist, "Ten minutes though."

"Okay then. Well, I don't want to miss his performance so I'm going to stay right here." I decide.

"Here?" He chokes out. I nod, "That won't work."

"Why won't that work?" I question. Paul seems nice enough, but I can tell I've annoyed him.

"Listen. Em made me wait around here to make sure you got in okay and to bring you to him when you did. I'm a manager, not an errand boy but I said I'd do it anyways so he'd stay focused. If you're gonna be some kind of distraction, I'm-," I quickly cut him off. He wasn't harsh, just blunt and I understood. He's just a manager trying to help his client.

"I'm not going to be a distraction, Paul. Tell him I've arrived, I'm okay and that I wanted to watch him from out here. I'll see him after, it'll be fine. But I'll take all the blame if it isn't."

He looks at me, thinking it over a moment, then tries again, "Can't you just-?"

"I'm staying here, okay?" I say, with a smile but a firm voice.

"Fine." he mutters under his breath, leaving me.

"It was nice meeting you Paul!" I shout to him and he waves to me, without looking back. I giggle, thinking about how all managers are basically the same.

I head over to the bar and order myself whatever they have on tap before the concert starts. Plastic cup full of beer in hand, I stand with the rest of the crowd already formed around the stage. I'm more towards the back, but thats probably for the best. I was a bit afraid some people would recognize me, but so far no one besides the bouncer has. Then again, I did tell him my name. Perhaps the poor lighting is disguising me better than any hat ever could. But the real reason I think as I look around is that everyone is here to see the performers on stage and no one is expecting to see me here. They probably just think I look like Katherine Arden, because the reality that I'm actually here is unbelievable even to me.

"Ayyo." I feel a hand on my arm and look up to see Proof smiling down at me.

"Hey!"

"Look at you, lookin' all fine and shit." I giggle as he gives me a quick hug, "You didn't wanna go backstage? It might be better for you, you know."

"I'm okay, honestly! Besides, I want to get the full Eminem concert experience." I smile, taking a sip of my drink.

"Okay, okay. I'll stick witchu then. Em doesn't know you're here yet. He was heading to stage when Paul told me you were here." I nod, figuring that was the case, then Proof adds, "He wasn't sure you'd show."